Join for free
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 03:36 PM

A Terrible Tale.

A journalist goes to a mountainous area of Albania to write a documentary about rustic life in the Balkans. He interviews an old man in a small village and asks him to narrate a typical happy story about his village to reflect their local culture.
The old man smiled and reminisced:
"One day, a long time ago, my goat got lost in the mountains. As is our tradition, all the men of the village gathered to drink vodka first and then went looking for the goat. When we finally found her, as is our tradition, we all drank some more vodka and all the men in the village each got their turn to mate with the goat. Oh, we had so much fun that day!"
The journalist realizes that he can't publish such a story, so he asks the old man if he has another happy local story.
The old man smiles again and his eyes shine with joy as he recalls:
"Once, my neighbour’s wife got lost in the mountains. As our tradition demands, all of the village's men gathered to drink vodka and then went to look for her. When we finally found her, as is our tradition, all the men in the village got their turn to mate with my neighbour’s wife. We really had a wonderful day that day!"
The journalist can't publish that story either and so he decides to change tack. He asks: "Don't you have a story that is less happy; something... umm ... perhaps a little sadder?"
The old man's smile fades. His eyes well up.
In a sad, trembling voice, he begins:
"One day I got lost in the mountains........”

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top