Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 04:50 PM

Re: Black Widow

Not about the Black Widow Natasha Romanova then? Pity.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Omah, l'm sorry you didn't like it, yet l have read other reviews likening it to The Sopranos!

Indeed, I kept being reminded of other "mob" movies/series - that's not bad sometimes, but not this time for me.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 05:57 PM

Did you watch 'Paula' a new three part revenge thriller that started last Thursday on BBC2? Eeeeek, this one is really ....OMG
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...es-1-episode-1

Olivier-winning Denise Gough stars as Paula, a young chemistry teacher whose life is turned upside down after a reckless one-night stand with ducker and diver James. Written by acclaimed playwright Conor McPherson, directed by Alex Holmes and produced by Peter Norris, Paula is a thrilling three-part drama.

Paula is trying to end an affair with handsome but married PE teacher Philip, which hasn't gone unnoticed by the headmaster. If that wasn't enough, she discovers a rat infestation in her basement. Paula asks handyman James to sort out the problem. There is an instant spark of animal attraction between them, leading to a passionate one-night stand.

Everything is not as it seems with James - with too many mouths to feed at home he is desperate for money. The pressure is on him, and since meeting Paula something seems to be haunting James. Having learnt about the affair he tries to blackmail Philip. Things go terrifyingly wrong when he flies into a rage. From this point on, James and Paula are locked in a dance of mutual destruction which only one of them can survive.
I'll watch it later .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

30-05-2017, 02:46 AM

The first episode of "Paula" turned out to be very dramatic and confusing but, nevertheless, watchable owing to the low-key realistic performance by Denise Gough.

As convoluted as the plot is, I suspect that the cheque for "Cash" will play its' part in violent repercussions in Episode 2 .....
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 11:25 PM

Anyway, if you didn't like that, did you watch 'Paula' a new three part revenge thriller that started last Thursday on BBC2? Eeeeek, this one is really ....OMG!

Originally Posted by Omah ->
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...es-1-episode-1

I'll watch it later .....
Crikey crikey crikey crikey
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Crikey crikey crikey crikey
I have just watched Part two of Paula.
Help! l need a parent, it's scary stuff!!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

02-06-2017, 03:27 AM

Has "Paula" jumped the shark?

Amongst multiple ultra-violent scenarios, Paula blasted off 24 rounds from a pistol at 2 men in a confined space, missing both of them, but making several 2" holes in a door .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

02-06-2017, 02:37 PM

I'm not the only one left wondering:

6 Things That Left Us Scratching Our Heads

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b075bff0f23e19

‘Paula’ continued last night on BBC Two, drawing viewers into a deep, dark and frankly baffling spiral as pretty much every character made some seemingly inexplicable decisions.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

09-06-2017, 11:52 AM

Well, I made the effort and watched episode 3 (and even turned subtitles on in an effort to follow the plot) but, despite the fine performances by the main leads, the implausibility of the action and the unhinged behaviour of the characters left me in a state of total disbelief at the increasingly rapid turns of events:

8 Inexplicable Events In Dark Finale To Psychological Thriller

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b0c5a35c9d934d

‘Paula’ concluded on Thursday evening, in suitably bonkers, macabre fashion, perfectly in keeping with everything that had gone before in this gothic three-parter.

During the last hour of this pot-boiler starring Denise Gough and Tom Hughes, so much went on, it was hard to keep track of what was a hallucination, and what was real, as so many of our leading characters appeared to have trouble working out the same.
In last night's episode, bullying schoolboys outside her house, seemingly late at night, gave Paula the opportunity to administer first aid to a boy who then disappeared leaving behind a spaniel in a holdall - for some, as usual unexplained, reason, Paula decided to keep the dog and take it to a vet, where, it was implied, she acquired a syringe and drugs to use on James (after testing the substance on herself) - in between times, she murdered her badly burned and hospitalised brother - I won't reveal the end because someone may have yet to watch the finale but, suffice to say, it ends, unsurprisingly, in more deaths .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Well, I made the effort and watched episode 3 (and even turned subtitles on in an effort to follow the plot) but, despite the fine performances by the main leads, the implausibility of the action and the unhinged behaviour of the characters left me in a state of total disbelief at the increasingly rapid turns of events:

8 Inexplicable Events In Dark Finale To Psychological Thriller

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b0c5a35c9d934d

In last night's episode, bullying schoolboys outside her house, seemingly late at night, gave Paula the opportunity to administer first aid to a boy who then disappeared leaving behind a spaniel in a holdall - for some, as usual unexplained, reason, Paula decided to keep the dog and take it to a vet, where, it was implied, she acquired a syringe and drugs to use on James (after testing the substance on herself) - in between times, she murdered her badly burned and hospitalised brother - I won't reveal the end because someone may have yet to watch the finale but, suffice to say, it ends, unsurprisingly, in more deaths .....
Omah, l have only seen one episode of Black Widow as l can't locate further episodes on my television 'Catch Up'.

I watched the last episode of Paula last night and it was a bit weird and bizarre!
That's the trouble with some thriller serials, they start off great and then lose credibility as they go all daft and unbelievable!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top