Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 04:29 PM

Re: My first ever Speeding Ticket.

I have never had one - touch wood. That's in about 46 years driving.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 04:46 PM

Take care. Hubby had his first speeding ticket after 40+ years of driving. This was closely followed by another three (all only marginally over the limit). Fortunately on two occasions he was allowed to take the speed awareness course!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have never had one - touch wood. That's in about 46 years driving.
Hi

No surprise there Mups, driving at 30 mph and stopping every few minutes to make sure you are not lost is not likely to get you a ticket.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 04:48 PM

55 years of driving and never had a speeding -parking or any other motoring fine or offence ,and for well over 20 years part of my job was driving
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 04:54 PM

I did actually see a driver stopped for driving too slow once.

Slightly off topic but do we still have minimum speed signs? I haven't seen one in years. Probably driving too fast to notice them.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I did actually see a driver stopped for driving too slow once.

Slightly off topic but do we still have minimum speed signs? I haven't seen one in years. Probably driving too fast to notice them.

No but it can be classed as a moving obstruction which is an offence

Doing say 20MPH on a motorway with a 70MPH speed limit would be an offence
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

No surprise there Mups, driving at 30 mph and stopping every few minutes to make sure you are not lost is not likely to get you a ticket.

Oi you, that's not fair, cheeky monkey!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 05:18 PM

I've had three speeding tickets - twice in the same spot.
After the third one I went on a speed awareness course. I do try to be more aware of my speed nowadays.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 06:16 PM

Speeding fines to increase from April 24, 2017

Fines for the most serious speeding offences are set to rise in order to better reflect the gravity with which the courts view them.

Currently the minimum penalty you can expect to receive for speeding is a £100 fine and 3 penalty points added to your licence, but from April 24, 2017, magistrates in England and Wales are being directed to apply a Band C speeding fine for the most serious offenders.

Band C speeding fine

A Band C speeding fine means that anyone speeding at 51mph or above in a 30mph limit - for example - faces a fine equivalent to 150% of their weekly income, and 6 penalty points on their driving licence, or disqualification from driving for up to 56 days. If you’re disqualified for 56 days or more you must apply for a new licence before you're able to start driving again.

For anyone earning £25,000 a year, a speeding fine equivalent to 150% of their weekly income means handing over a minimum of £720 - no small amount.

Band B speeding fine

You might receive a Band B speeding fine for doing between 41-50mph, in which case you'd face a fine equivalent to 100% of your weekly income (£480), and 4 penalty points on your driving licence, or disqualification from driving for up to 28 days.

Band A speeding fine

A Band A speeding fine would be appropriate if you are caught speeding between 31-40 in a 30mph zone, and you can expect to receive a fine equivalent to 50% of your weekly income (£240), and 3 penalty points on your driving licence.

By way of comparison, the average speeding fine handed out in 2015 was just £188.
https://www.saga.co.uk/magazine/moto...ines-explained

Blimey .....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 06:46 PM

The speeding laws are a bit of an ass, why?
Well I was "caught" by a mobile camera van doing 58mph in a 60 mph limit, now the limit for me is 50mph as I was driving a van, classed as a commercial vehicle, if I'd been doing 57 I'd have been OK as Humberside police's percentage would have allowed me to travel at this speed, now OK, I was bang to rights, fair enough, my own stupid fault!, but the van I was in at the time ,a Vauxhall vivaro, has a commanding view of the road ahead, and can see any problems developing ahead, if I'd have had a couple of side windows in, that would be OK too, classed as an MPV, so its got to be based on weight, right?, well a range rover ( or equivalent) with 5 people on board, a boot full of luggage, and a roof rack, must weigh a couple of tons but that can do 60, on single carriage ways, newer vans are like cars with modern safety eqpt and the like so are as safe as most cars on the road,

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top