Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 09:13 AM

Walking.

Many years ago after a bad injury at judo that affected my back, i decided to try walking as a way to maintain fitness., it was a good decision.

We started lightly at first going out with organised groups into the Cheviot hills and it was an eye opener.

Not only did my back pain go away, but i got fitter and learned so much about my county its history and natural flora and fauna.

It got me interested in other parts of the country so walks in Yorkshire, the Lake district, Norfolk, Scotland and Wales followed.

A walk with the head ranger of Northumberland National Park inspired my interest in birds and nature, and i was asked if i would become a voluntary warden leading groups myself.

The Coquet valley, view from Lordenshaws hill fort.

Bolam lake.

Waggonway, Weetslade CP,

With so many of us enjoying walking it would be nice to hear about your favourites.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 09:22 AM

Re: Walking.

South Downs near small dole is providing many lovely walks for us, keep dogs on leads though as alpacas and sheep abound in the area. You might like just down the road from there the wildlife trust area, but no dogs allowed because of ground nesting birds.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 09:36 AM

Lovely pictures Nom

I love walking in different places ... next weekend I'm going to Malvern and intend to walk up to the Worcestershire Beacon, Herefordshire Beacon and Broadway Tower ... fingers crossed that the weather is good so I can enjoy the views.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 09:39 AM

The Peak District National Park has everything a walker could wish for.
I particularly liked walking at Edale until I developed trochanteric bursitis in my thigh.

I live in hope that it will get better and I'll once more be able to ramble in the Derbyshire peaks.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 12:27 PM

Much of the South ive yet to explore,but my wife visited the Malverns and said they were beautiful. I wished i still had my photos of the days climb of Snowdon, stunning views.

Most of the walks i did up heear were in the uplands, or on the coast.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Much of the South ive yet to explore,but my wife visited the Malverns and said they were beautiful. I wished i still had my photos of the days climb of Snowdon, stunning views.

Most of the walks i did up heear were in the uplands, or on the coast.
You have some truly wonderful areas near you nom I can we'll see you wouldn't need to come down here with what you have to explore up there.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 02:41 PM

Britain certainly has landscapes to rival anywhere in the world, long may we enjoy and cherish them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Many years ago after a bad injury at judo that affected my back, i decided to try walking as a way to maintain fitness., it was a good decision.

With so many of us enjoying walking it would be nice to hear about your favourites.
Football.

Sorry. Joking!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

29-05-2017, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Britain certainly has landscapes to rival anywhere in the world, long may we enjoy and cherish them.
You are not wrong there Barry that's main reason we've never gone abroad, far too much to see here.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 03:37 PM

What a lovely uninhabited place Northumberland is Nom, very beautiful

Living on the edge of the Malverns I walk there a lot...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top