Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 08:57 PM

Pasta Maker

Hi

Any of you got one?

I fancy getting one, but so many on the market and the prices vary so much.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 09:02 PM

Re: Pasta Maker

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Any of you got one?

Yes of course we bought one ... sheeeesh ... what a waste of space, time, energy and money.

MIL had one and we thought it looked fab.

Just go and buy dried pasta

Nice looking machine and fairly hefty
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 09:34 PM

What's wrong with using a rolling pin and a pizza cutter to make fettuccine or tagliatelle type ribbon pastas or roll the dough out thin and cut into oblongs for lasagne? You could even roll the dough out by hand into long tubes and cut into small regular sized pieces before cooking in boiling water.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2017, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Any of you got one?

Yes we have one but hardly ever use it.

It's very awkward using a classic pasta machine. You need 3 hands ideally as you need to wind the handle, feed the pasta in and collect/support it as it comes out. On top of that the machine needs to be firmly fixed to something otherwise it just moves all over the place when you wind it. I jury rigged a piece of wood to place on the kitchen counter but even so the whole thing is awkward to use.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2017, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Yes we have one but hardly ever use it.

It's very awkward using a classic pasta machine. You need 3 hands ideally as you need to wind the handle, feed the pasta in and collect/support it as it comes out. On top of that the machine needs to be firmly fixed to something otherwise it just moves all over the place when you wind it. I jury rigged a piece of wood to place on the kitchen counter but even so the whole thing is awkward to use.
I vaguely remember that we fixed it on to the Black and Decker Workmate

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top