Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 08:53 AM

Re: Rewriting History.

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I don't really care where we started and think that the Adam and Eve story is just another fairy tale.
What I think about is our long term evolving. With everything being done by computer, will we all find that there is no need to leave our homes ( this always makes me think of Pete Seegars record " Little boxes")? Will our legs become less useful, and maybe disappear, if we don't move about much? Will we just press a button and our daily food requirements arrive in the form of a pill?
I know these sound ridiculous, but if you believe evolution really happened then surely our bodies will change according to circumstances of life on earth.
The alternative is that maybe, we will be able to build thinking androids who are clever enough to build there own family of androids, and all life, as we know it will eventually disappear.
Hi

The Adam and Eve thing is the name applied to a project to identify the first true humans..

http://www.livescience.com/38613-gen...uncovered.html

Back to the drawing board.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The Adam and Eve thing is the name applied to a project to identify the first true humans..

Sorry I didn't know that, anything that has Adam and Eve written on it I see as a joke. I have to say though, I do worry more about future life on this planet than anything from the past. If I believed in god I would thank him that I wont be here to see it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 11:30 AM

That's very interesting and who's to say it stops there. Maybe we were around long before that but we haven't found evidence yet.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 01:52 PM

Hi

We being Homo Sapiens, humans in other words.
I asked for a definition of "we", since at what stage did a particular primate become a homo sapien?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I asked for a definition of "we", since at what stage did a particular primate become a homo sapien?
Hi

A question best asked of a paleoanthropologist, I am no expert on the subject.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
They're still looking for the so-called `Missing Link` in human ancestry from the ape-like Australopithecus to the Homo Sapiens found in Africa (Homo Erectus). A few distinctly human species of Homo Sapien evolved separately outside of Africa, the European Neanderthals being the most well known. Homo Sapiens migrating from Africa came into contact with the Neanderthals and interbred.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 12:29 AM

Hi

We are much older than we thought, 100,000 years older.

Does this matter?

It really does, it disposes of the Adam and Eve theory supported by DNA.

Human life has been around a lot longer than 100,000 yrs. and the Adam and Eve 'theory' you refer to does not have any timeline attached to it !
Swim, I think you are mistaking the whole story of Adam and Eve to be factual, when it was probably a starting point for the Jewish Geneology. Something they were always meticulous about where records were concerned. They probably could not go back any further and so had to have a foundation story to start from and explanation of how man turned from good to bad by disobeying the laws and pro-creating.
There was never a time line given for Adam and Eve and calculation of years was very different then too. Example, Noah died 350 years after the flood, which made him 950 yrs old. Nobody has figured out how they recorded time .

I will say one thing that is probably worth bit more discussion and that is the Shroud of Turin .
The Shroud has male blood of type AB.
The Sudarium (the cloth that covered the head)contains male blood of type AB.
Blood group AB negative is 0.6 % of todays population, Blood group AB positive is 3.4% of todays population .

The image on the shroud which is both sides of the cloth
is NOT a painting, it is NOT a photograph, and I think that is a far more worthy discussion point than the absolute obscurity of the DNA of Adam and Eve. (which doesn't make sense anyway as there was never a time line given.)
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 12:40 AM

Hi

Years ago, probably about 40+ , I remember an article about a human skull found in Africa, with twice the brain capacity of our now homosapiens , and thought to be over a million yrs old. In trying to find some data, I have found an article which mentions it.

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and...human-species/

Not all palaeoanthroplogists agree with the authors of this new paper. A previous paper sought to confirm taxonomic diversity in early Homo. The Nature paper showed that three newly discovered fossils, aged between 1.78 and 1.95 million years (Myr) old, showed that there were two contemporary species of early Homo, in addition to Homo erectus, in the early Pleistocene of eastern Africa. This finding added further support to the classification of a skull found in 1972 as a separate species of human, Homo rudolfensis. The skull was the only example of this species which contributes to the contention over its lineage.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 01:21 AM

I'm a simple monkey. It seems to me that there must have been a "number 1" in our species that proclaimed the existence of a higher being, AKA "god". Is that our definition of the start of "modern man"?

In which case, where in Darwin's theory of evolution does this fit in?????

Does evolution of a species lead to such "enlightenment"?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 08:22 AM

Some people have never evolved they are still walking about trying to fit into the human race

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top