Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 09:42 PM

Re: Foot clinic

I go to the NHS clinic when I feel the need for the grand sum of £0. All the chiropodists are qualified and records kept
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
I go to the NHS clinic when I feel the need for the grand sum of £0. All the chiropodists are qualified and records kept

Most doctors surgery's are stopping toe nail cutting unless you are a diabetic or have foot problems , some diabetics are also being moved on unless you have no feeling in feet . This is the reason the clinics were set up . Don't be surprised if doctors surgery's start charging for toe nail cutting in the future . Age Uk are a very good alternative
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I was employed and trained by Age Uk to set up the first footcare clinics in Dorset , it's non profit making , the charge is for the service and money put back into it . When I retired 3 yrs ago I had up to 300 clients in my clinics and most had appointments for 6 weeks return . Some clinics will sell to you your own personal pack of clippers and file you bring them each clinic visit , this is to keep charges down and for health reasons . The cost of the pack is about £13 . It's a good service so do tell others . When I first started there were two of us for the whole of Dorset doing feet and running clinics now there are 10 employed.
That's a good idea mine has a autoclave in the room, so each lot is put straight in there.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top