Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 11:50 AM

Re: Brexit, what a mess we are in.

It seems to me that the Brexit 'problem' has been caused by people voting Labour as a punishment to those that voted to leave and wouldn't accept democracy. Now we are all in the shite so well done!
matchpoint
London
matchpoint is male 

11-06-2017, 11:56 AM

So is TM back to exactly where she started now.. previously she called the election because other politicians were in non agreement with how she wanted to proceed with the Brexit.. Is it the same now...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It seems to me that the Brexit 'problem' has been caused by people voting Labour as a punishment to those that voted to leave and wouldn't accept democracy. Now we are all in the shite so well done!
I agree.

Some people blame May for her unattractive manifesto, which I accept.

Some people blame Corbyn for promising things he cannot deliver, which I also accept.

The people who really caused this mess are those who voted for themselves - their own benefit - rather than for the good of the country.

Of course, we all think differently and are perfectly entitled to do so.

However, the die is now cast and I believe we shall see who was right.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 12:01 PM

Enough of this negative misery!

You sound like a bunch of miserable grumbly old codgers...what's done is done and we are where we are, like it or not.

So...
What's the BEST thing that can happen for this country...positive ideas only please.

Topple May and install Boris?
Ditto and replace her with Rudd?

Anyone got anything POSITIVE to say????

Have a good day, Pollyanna!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree.

Some people blame May for her unattractive manifesto, which I accept.

Some people blame Corbyn for promising things he cannot deliver, which I also accept.

The people who really caused this mess are those who voted for themselves - their own benefit - rather than for the good of the country.

Of course, we all think differently and are perfectly entitled to do so.

However, the die is now cast and I believe we shall see who was right.

Like you JBR, I almost wish Corbyn could be allowed to run the Country for a couple of years to see how he gets on with taking us out of Europe and delivering on all the promises he has made.

I think there was a post recently asking 'Do you cut your nose off to spite your face?' In this instance I would be prepared to do just that.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by matchpoint ->
So is TM back to exactly where she started now.. previously she called the election because other politicians were in non agreement with how she wanted to proceed with the Brexit.. Is it the same now...
No not back where she started at all , she is in a much much weaker and perilous position.

I think May will be given a temporary stay of execution when the Backbench 22 committee get together and discuss things.
She has also lost some of her cabinet support , that is usually fatal.

Where we go from here is anyone's guess.
matchpoint
London
matchpoint is male 

11-06-2017, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Enough of this negative misery!

Anyone got anything POSITIVE to say????
IMO we need a successful business Woman/Man leading our country.

surely we can find someone who has paid all their TAX .

come back John Terry all is forgiven ... hahaha (thats is a joke chaps )
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
If the pointless referendum and the following election hadn't been called we would still be stable.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
It all started with Cameron..... a career politician, calling for a referendum to consolidate his own position, thinking it was a done deal to Remain.He failed.

He jumped ship dropping May in it.

Now she using the same 'done deal' logic asked the country to support her, and they didn't.

So both Tory Prime Ministers are out of touch, and basically committed political suicide by falling on their own sword.........and leaving the country in this parlous state.

Time for a revolution ?

DUP HERE
Can't argue with that Bruv..........As much as I hate to say it, Tories just haven't got a clue about your average Brit...And it's those who will put you in power, or take it away....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by matchpoint ->
There have been so many sly, devious attempts to prevent Brexit It is hard to know who is to blame.

Apart from Ukip, I cant remember any party that supported the leave vote.
People with money, so probably Tory voters, were the first to try and stop it.
Farage, who could have continued with the UKIP party, decided to seek his fortune elsewhere.
Corbyn saw a chance of power so promised funds, that he wouldn't have, to most of our " want something for nothing" electorate, and I cant help feeling that some, on a higher plane, are trying to manipulate things so that Brexit won't happen.

I am ashamed to be British, if lining individual pockets is what they are all about. Britain didn't used to be run by such people, but they will all regret it when they realize that democracy gave us the chance to leave, and if we don't, we will eventually be run by a semi dictatorial EU.... and that will come!

Everybody of age had one vote, so if they didn't bother to use it, they had no justification to complain. Many childish revenge actions now mean that leaving will be harder, but if we feel forced to stay, then I believe that the semi dictatorship has already started!

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top