Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 05:27 PM

Internal organs on adverts

Does anyone else dislike seeing realistic beating hearts, human brains and blood running through veins? There seems to be a lot of it on adverts at the moment, along with the inside of ears, stomachs and mouths.

I'm no prude. I can sit and watch an operation on TV no problem but I don't want to see all that while I'm eating me popcorn.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 05:43 PM

Re: Internal organs on adverts

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Does anyone else dislike seeing realistic beating hearts, human brains and blood running through veins? There seems to be a lot of it on adverts at the moment, along with the inside of ears, stomachs and mouths.

I'm no prude. I can sit and watch an operation on TV no problem but I don't want to see all that while I'm eating me popcorn.

Such things wouldn't bother me. However, I can't say I've seen any of the adverts you mention as I never watch adverts, at least intentionally.

Reading through your list, it prompts me to ask what the hell were they advertising?

Not tampons, please!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Such things wouldn't bother me. However, I can't say I've seen any of the adverts you mention as I never watch adverts, at least intentionally.

Reading through your list, it prompts me to ask what the hell were they advertising?

Not tampons, please!
Nooooo Nooooo.

There's a car Ad on at the moment which shows a pumping heart and some of the sports programmes advertised show blood going through veins.

There was also one with the blood vessels in the back of an eye but I can't remember what it was advertising.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 05:52 PM

Don't think I've seen these ads dongles.
I don't much like to hear the sound of a heart beating though, not loud and amplified on telly.

I do like to hear mine is still beating though.
Most reassuring.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

11-06-2017, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Don't think I've seen these ads dongles.
I don't much like to hear the sound of a heart beating though, not loud and amplified on telly.

I do like to hear mine is still beating though.
Most reassuring.
It always worries me when I can hear it at night in case I hear it stop.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 08:29 PM

It always worries me when I can hear it at night in case I hear it stop.
If you do, the best course of action is, apparently, to cough as loudly and as hard as you can.

Yes, seriously.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 08:32 PM

Longdogs its all through you!!!!!

What?

blood of course
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 09:12 PM

Nooooo Nooooo.

There's a car Ad on at the moment which shows a pumping heart and some of the sports programmes advertised show blood going through veins.

There was also one with the blood vessels in the back of an eye but I can't remember what it was advertising.
Yes Longdogs, I know the adverts you mean and some of them are quite disturbing.
Those car adverts really do my head in......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 10:58 PM

I know what you mean LD, the advertising agencies seem to have lost the run of themselves lately, I can’t stand looking at anything that shows the inner me, bad enough having to look at the outer me in the mornings.
Do we need all these tampon and condom ads? Now we have bladders telling the women what to wear, it’s all a bit much for an old geezer like me to take on while looking at the TV.
Anyway why do Durex have to advertise, I don’t know of anyone else who makes condoms, do you?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 11:03 PM

You do make me laugh our Jem.

Anyway, hiya Jem, haven't seen you for ages. You OK?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top