Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 08:47 AM

Re: Poncy Kitchens

I had to double check you were male Dextrose, I would love a really big kitchen designed and very chic, it amazes me that some women have said they wouldn't ?

My present kitchen is pretty and serves the purpose but if I won the lottery I would buy a house and have a big kitchen with every single mod con imaginable, I would love that
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 09:01 AM

I've always dreamed of a kitchen big enough to put a big table in so we can sit around if for meals, mines far too small to do that we struggle to get the recycling bins in !

But my caravan kitchen is lovely it's part of why I love my weekends away I can cook and chat to everyone at the same time.

Flats below us only have one bedroom and the second bedroom we have is half the kitchen so theirs is lovely size, they all have tables ! No I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous, I'm not really I'm not ........
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
A relative of my wife has just had their kitchen refurbished. Looks lovely - granite floor and worktop etc. Trouble is, they never cook in it, nor they did in the last. Just shove prepared food in the microwave or oven, or get takeaways. What is the point of spending thousands on a room which should inspire, that never properly gets used?

How difficult is it to make a loaf of bread (even from ready mixed ingredients - just add water and wait etc), or to butcher a chicken, or a lasagne, or jacket potatoes ffs, or a simple stir fry? Just what is the point???
Very hard is the answer, i have never been taught to cook or even got near an oven what ever that is. As soon a I go though our kitchen door everything in there is a complete mystery as to what does which.
Oh wrong I can boil a kettle
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Very hard is the answer, i have never been taught to cook or even got near an oven what ever that is. As soon a I go though our kitchen door everything in there is a complete mystery as to what does which.
Oh wrong I can boil a kettle
It's not rocket science though some will make you think it is, if you start with simple things it's really easy to cook a nice meal realspeed. I made sure my boys could cook as soon as they were old enough you never know when you might have to look after yourself for a while.

Most of it is timings to make sure everything's ready at same time. If you have a clock and common sense anyone can do it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 09:26 AM

I always wanted a beautiful kitchen and a pantry but have had to settle for what I could afford. The most important thing is the food that comes out of it .

My son's house has the kitchen of my dreams, I could fit my whole house into it He also has a 'pantry' which is like the old butlers pantry with a big sink and lots of cupboards.
I am hoping once things settle down after the arrival of the latest batch of twins I might get to go up there and cook.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 09:41 AM

Despite all of the problems my kitchen is great. I was cooking the other day whilst the ladies were `sorting out`my garage and a utility room.

Both daughters were passing very nice comments re-the aroma of my lamb curry when the younger one commented `Stephan I remember your old kitchen` So do I,it was crap was all I could say
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 10:15 AM

Returning to my original question. I could understand them upgrading the kitchen if they intend to sell within the next year or so. But as they didn't use the last one either, and as trends and fashions come and go, it just seems plain silly.

When we moved into our current house, with a youngish family, one of the first things I did was to replace the bach with a walk in shower since, having only one bathroom, the idea of someone having a soak in the bath whilst the rest of us wait to use the loo, coupled with the expense of filling the bath seemed to make sense. It still does. When we eventually move, I'll ask estate agents whether to replace the bath and refurbish the tiles etc is worth doing for the market vogue at the time. After all, it'll only take a few days to effect this change.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

12-06-2017, 11:11 AM

I wonder if you'd feel same way if they did an expensive living room ? For some people I'd guess it's just love of their home, wanting to feel proud of their home that drives the need for a new kitchen.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 11:30 AM

Kitchens are for real cooks like my mother and mother in law (both now cooking in their kitchens in the sky), but looking at trolleys in supermarkets, it seems to me that a large number of mothers are assembly cooks judging by the packets of ready meals. All they need is a small kitchen with a blowlamp for steaks and a microwave for the rest ?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Kitchens are for real cooks like my mother and mother in law (both now cooking in their kitchens in the sky), but looking at trolleys in supermarkets, it seems to me that a large number of mothers are assembly cooks judging by the packets of ready meals. All they need is a small kitchen with a blowlamp for steaks and a microwave for the rest ?
God forbid! when I eat I like to know what I am putting in my mouth, and the only way to do that is to make it yourself!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top