Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 11:50 AM

Re: Poncy Kitchens

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's not rocket science though some will make you think it is, if you start with simple things it's really easy to cook a nice meal realspeed. I made sure my boys could cook as soon as they were old enough you never know when you might have to look after yourself for a while.

Most of it is timings to make sure everything's ready at same time. If you have a clock and common sense anyone can do it.
Yes it is . I can usually fix cars -adapt things to be useful other than their original purpose - do most trade type jobs- repair most thing that get broken, but a kitchen is beyond me.
What is the difference between a fridge and a freezer? they both cool food down, what is the difference between a gas oven ring and an electric one. How do you now when food is cooked enough to be ready to eat.

Thank goodness for chippies and chinese takeaways and also pub meals
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Yes it is . I can usually fix cars -adapt things to be useful other than their original purpose - do most trade type jobs- repair most thing that get broken, but a kitchen is beyond me.
What is the difference between a fridge and a freezer? they both cool food down, what is the difference between a gas oven ring and an electric one. How do you now when food is cooked enough to be ready to eat.

Thank goodness for chippies and chinese takeaways and also pub meals
Well if you can do all that you really can cook but you have to want to I'd suggest you've had it too easy
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 12:28 PM

I wonder if you'd feel same way if they did an expensive living room ? For some people I'd guess it's just love of their home, wanting to feel proud of their home that drives the need for a new kitchen.
I'd agree, other than the fact that they actually use their living room for its intended purpose
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
God forbid! when I eat I like to know what I am putting in my mouth, and the only way to do that is to make it yourself!
Very true !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 12:50 PM

I've always dreamed of a kitchen big enough to put a big table in so we can sit around if for meals, mines far too small to do that we struggle to get the recycling bins in !

I wouldn't mind having a table in the kitchen - for rolling pastry/kneading dough etc., - have to use a worktop at the moment. Have been wondering about buying one of those 'butchers block' trolly things. Wouldn't need one for meals as I never eat in the kitchen.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 01:06 PM

My kitchen's pretty titchy. Suits me as I'm not into cooking.
A couple of big cupboards to stuff with cans does me.

I like a decent sized living room though.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I wouldn't mind having a table in the kitchen - for rolling pastry/kneading dough etc., - have to use a worktop at the moment. Have been wondering about buying one of those 'butchers block' trolly things. Wouldn't need one for meals as I never eat in the kitchen.

Same here Tabs. I would not want a kitchen now, where I couldn't have my table.
I eat all my meals from the table in the kitchen.
When friends stop by for a coffee we sit at the kitchen table and have a natter, it's relaxing and less formal than using the living room.
My back door opens off the kitchen and is nearly always open in the summer, so I can sit and listen to the birds as I am eating. Keeps me happy anyhow.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

12-06-2017, 01:42 PM

LOL Mups - there is nothing formal about my sitting room - not with those cats about - they have more toys about the place than a houseful of kids!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
LOL Mups - there is nothing formal about my sitting room - not with those cats about - they have more toys about the place than a houseful of kids!

Same here but with dog toys and beds Tabs.

It always makes me jump and curse when I suddenly tread on a wretched squeaker toy left laying in wait for me.
Young Gertie is the worst culprit, she rakes through her toyboy and gets out nearly everything every day. It must look like I've had a playschool running here. No good being houseproud here.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 03:51 PM

Lots of bad news stories about Wren Kitchens on radio4 this afternoon.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top