Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 09:41 AM

The Loch

Did anyone see the first episode? What did you think of it?

I thought it was just ok but a bit disjointed. I will give it another go next week to see if it improves. I thought the direction was very 'Broadchurch' but DS Redford only had one facial expression throughout.

5/10
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 10:27 AM

Re: The Loch

Shetland meets Broadchurch Longdogs......
Plenty of shock tactics to lure you in and want to make you watch next week to see where it's going.

I thought the bit where he had part of his brain pulled out through his nose was a bit gruesome - thought about that for the rest of the night.....

Sometimes It's hard to hear what the mumblers are saying, and mumbling with a Scottish dialect make it near impossible. Nice scenery though......
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 10:40 AM

Hi

I enjoyed it, I will be watching the rest.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 10:53 AM

Yes I watched it too...not too sure about it,but will give it another viewing,

PS OGF....if it had been called 'THE LAKE' you would have had nae bother understanding the dialect
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Plenty of shock tactics to lure you in and want to make you watch next week to see where it's going.

I thought the bit where he had part of his brain pulled out through his nose was a bit gruesome - thought about that for the rest of the night.....

Sometimes It's hard to hear what the mumblers are saying, and mumbling with a Scottish dialect make it near impossible. Nice scenery though......
OHGODOHGODOHGOD!!!!!!!

See posts in Black Widow thread....
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 11:16 AM

Have recorded it-will report when I've watched it.
Another new thriller starting tonight-Fearless.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 12:32 PM

I spent half of it composing my email to send to two committee members, and unfortunately (or probably fortunately!!), it didn't have my full concentration, only from about 9.30 onwards.

Maybe I need to download it on catch up to watch all the way through?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 01:32 PM

We used the sub-titles as usual.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 06:55 PM

Another Scottish themed prog AWW just in time for the tourist season who'd have guessed.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 08:32 PM

S
Mumbling seems par for the course these days. The actors blame the sound engineers; the sound engineers blame the actors!

Funny how there never used to be such problems in the old days when we didn't have the same advanced technology and when actors had trained on the stage!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top