Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 09:12 PM

Re: The Loch

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Mumbling seems par for the course these days. The actors blame the sound engineers; the sound engineers blame the actors!

Funny how there never used to be such problems in the old days when we didn't have the same advanced technology and when actors had trained on the stage!
It might just be my ears JB, although when I went for a hearing test recently he said that my ears were fine except for certain frequencies. He said women's voices would be a problem, so it wasn't all bad news.... Years of Mrs Fox shouting at me!...

I did read something about the quality of speakers in the new type of flat screen TV's, apparently there isn't enough room to put a decent speaker in.....They look nice though.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 09:16 PM

It was on the same time as Poldark . . . Poldark won.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It might just be my ears JB, although when I went for a hearing test recently he said that my ears were fine except for certain frequencies. He said women's voices would be a problem, so it wasn't all bad news.... Years of Mrs Fox shouting at me!...

I did read something about the quality of speakers in the new type of flat screen TV's, apparently there isn't enough room to put a decent speaker in.....They look nice though.
Yes, very valid points.

However, in my case I have recently acquired some expensive hearing aids which have restored most of my hearing. Also, we have a sound system attached to the telly to account for the lack of decent built-in speakers.

No, I think the sound problems come from their end and not mine!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 09:42 PM

It was recording whilst l was watching it, so when it finished, l was able to go back to the beginning to see who, was who and what, was what! It seemed okish!
I loved the scenery!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It was on the same time as Poldark . . . Poldark won.
I can't get into Poldark, so l'm not bothering with it!
I do like 'Jamestown' set in the 1600's on Sky1.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I thought the bit where he had part of his brain pulled out through his nose was a bit gruesome - thought about that for the rest of the night.....
Having now watched it throughout, I was disappointed to find that they didn't actually show part of the brain being pulled out through the nose.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top