Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 08:23 PM

Update on motorised tripod head

I did get a fold up Tripod like the beefree but made buy primaPhoto in China. It was selling for a 1/3 on normal price at around £35 against normal price of £95 or there abouts.
Just a couple of things it had a 1/4" thread and a ballhead of 3/8".
So I tried the motorised head on top of the ballhead via a quick release clamp but in truth pretty useless for what I wanted
Next was to get an adapter in brass shown below

Ok now the motorised head can sit straight onto the tripod, but it has very little to balance on. So scratched around in my workshop and came across one of those clamp over taps connectors for outside hoses. Inside an ideal size rubber center about the right thickness. All it needed was the centre hole opening out a bit to slip over the knurled adapter. yep worked but not quite thick enough. So again dived into the workshop and came across 3 plastic tap washers the right size, so superglued them together

job done with enough 3/8 " thread shown and better support around it
so now I can used the ball head or the fixed tripod top. This now makes it a lot easier to get the balance right

The bit I made just slip on/off the knurled adapter

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top