Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 10:20 PM

Return Of The Crystal Maze

Great news for CM fans, a news series will start on Channel 4 on June 23rd.

Whilst the one-off Celebrity Special, hosted by Stephen Merchant recently was done in the "old" facility that is open to the public, the new Crystal Maze will take place in a brand new purpose built 30,000ft facility designed by the original designer.

Merchant didn't want to go forward hosting the new series so the baton has been handed to Richard Ayodade, of The IT Crowd fame and gadget shows.

Of course, no-one will ever satisfactorily replace the irrepressible Richard O'Brien but great news that the CM is back !
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 10:24 PM

Re: Return Of The Crystal Maze

I always watched the Crystal Maze years ago, unfortunately, for me, no-one can replace Richard O'Brien.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 07:15 AM

I used to like that programme when it first began - because it seemed so new and adventurous - but it definitely needs Richard O'Brien - no-one could host so well as he did. I'd be willing to bet that H&S will have interferred with the format by now.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 07:26 AM

I love CM, my daughter was telling me there are private companies who have set up CM type facilities and they are great fun for groups of friends or stag do's that sort of thing. Looking forward to the new series, I agree Richard O'Brien is a hard act to follow.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I always watched the Crystal Maze years ago, unfortunately, for me, no-one can replace Richard O'Brien.
I find it most odd people should say that. What on earth did he do that no one else can?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I used to like that programme when it first began - because it seemed so new and adventurous - but it definitely needs Richard O'Brien - no-one could host so well as he did. I'd be willing to bet that H&S will have interferred with the format by now.
Not watched it since he presented it and I only watched it then because I couldn't find an alternative

Sad innit

What's even more sad is that my iPad keeps bunging in extra letters.
I must slow down with my typing and ignore those who COMPLAIN THAT MY TYPING IS TOO SLOW for them
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
I find it most odd people should say that. What on earth did he do that no one else can?
I think it's because he's odd Gravitas, he is a bit weird and it suited the show, I don't think it was faked he is just an odd person...difficult to replicate that with another presenter. I still like the show though.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 09:01 AM

Just another "reboot" .....

One of several, including Blind Date, The Price is Right, Surprise Surprise and Streetmate, that I avoided way back in time and which I will manage to avoid in the present :

From Funhouse to Blind Date: TV show comebacks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40260230
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I think it's because he's odd Gravitas, he is a bit weird and it suited the show, I don't think it was faked he is just an odd person...difficult to replicate that with another presenter. I still like the show though.
I'd have thought Richard Ayoade was weird enough for anyone?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 09:56 PM

Oh dear oh dear !

The long awaited return of the brilliant Crystal Maze is on right now with a celebrity special.

Can barely watch.

Which retard at Channel 4 thought the best contestant group for the first of the new series should include the supreme moron Louie Spence?!!

Throw in Vicki Patterson and some bint from TOWIE and you successfully make a mockery of one of the best game shows to ever grace TV screens.

What a complete mess !

New maze looks great, games look great. But what a complete F*** up for the debut programme !

A bunch of complete morons.

Patterson : "What does adjacent mean?"

Nuff said !

And someone please tell Ayodade that there is no place in the maze for a suit and tie !

For goodness sake have some character like O'Brien and Tudor Pole.

Just looking forward to the real shows with non-celebs now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top