Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 10:16 AM

Neuropathy progress.

Its over 2 years since my operation on my right foot where i had gangrenous toes, which where removed over several operations. Released in October 2015 the healing continued slowly for a year.

In August 2016 after several collapses when out and about i ended up buying a rollater for support while walking. In October the same year I collapsed at home and could not use my legs at all.

This lasted until just before Christmas, when some feeling was regained and i at least could walk with difficultly ,. Very many visits to Gp`s, Consultants, Clinics, and Podiatrists ensued..

The wound has still not healed yet (27 months), i suspect by its progress it may well be 6-9 months more. I am now getting worse as even ordinary tasks are becoming harder, and i find i often greatly fatigued at the end of the day.

On Monday morning i awoke with severe joint, shoulder, head, and neck pain this could just be Frozen shoulder, but may also be Neuropathy related, Im giving it time to see if it is the former rather than the latter.

So its just a warning folks, if you are Diabetic even when you do the meds and dietary regime, things can change very quickly with this disease,because all the services are now very stretched, you may need to shout very loudly in their ears to get some action.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 10:26 AM

Re: Neuropathy progress.

Nom I'm really sorry that you are still having health problems
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 10:33 AM

Hope things improve for you soon Nom!
You've certainly been through the mill!
This heat is not helping, it affects your joints, I find and causes cramp!
Take it easy, keep cool and drink plenty (water)!
Get checked by Doctor as soon as you can, I've just lost a dear ( diabetic) friend through septicaemia, she put off going to the doctors.
I'm sure you know better than me how to deal with it but, you can never be too careful.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 01:31 PM

Sorry to hear of your troubles Nom.

I hope you are getting all the help and care you need.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 01:39 PM

Hope you recover soon.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 01:41 PM

Hi Nom , sorry to hear your condition is not so good.

As with all conditions, T2D can vary considerably from person to person and no matter how much you stick to the rules you can still be one of the unlucky ones who experiences the extreme end of the symptoms scale.

Try to keep your mind on positive things and enjoy as much as you can of each day .
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 02:00 PM

Thanks all the whole point of these threads was to find out peoples personal experiences, as Meg has stated there are so many possible outcomes from this condition as it varies so much person to person.

It bothered me not a bit for years, then these last few years has hit me in many ways,i have had to cancel two appointments at my diabetic clinic as im pretty much immobilized now. I can say the pain has dialed back a bit, but im unable to turn my neck at the moment, and flexibility in hands and feet have decreased.

I have rearranged my appointments but have to wait 5 weeks i hope by next week to see if i need to take further steps like an A&E visit and a drugs review to see if they can offer as better cocktail for my current condition.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 02:11 PM

Nom, why did you cancel the appointments?

Does no one pick you up and take you? Surely these drivers are trained to assist people who are not so mobile, and help them get into their vehicles?
Have they no equipment in their vehicles to do this?

How do other diabetics get to their appointments if they can't manage on their own?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

21-06-2017, 02:18 PM

Because im in a lot of pain and cant move Mups,the clinic is very stretched because of cuts if it does not improve the i will probably need to go to a different hospital
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-06-2017, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Because im in a lot of pain and cant move Mups,the clinic is very stretched because of cuts if it does not improve the i will probably need to go to a different hospital

Sorry Nom, but I would have thought it was because you were in so much pain and immobile that it was even more important they got you there.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top