Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 01:45 PM

Antiques Roadshow Faberge ornament 'valued at £1m'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-40366976

Antiques Roadshow experts say a Faberge ornament they recently valued could be one of the most significant finds in the show's history.

Jewellery expert Geoffrey Munn valued the intricate Faberge object at about £1m.

The show was filmed at the Black Country Living Museum in Dudley, West Midlands, on Wednesday and will be aired later this year on BBC One.
I can imagine that the excitable Geoffrey was almost wetting himself .....

Definitely one to watch .....
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 02:33 PM

Re: Antiques Roadshow Faberge ornament 'valued at £1m'

When I was a very young mum I was given a vase by my grandmother , I didn't like it but kept it for years till I moved then I binned it . I often look back thinking what a wally I was as gran did say it was worth a lot ( like they do) and wonder what I've done .

I am shocked when I look at the amount of money people will spend on these rare items though , money seems to be no concern . I don't think I'd spend large amounts even if I was rich , knowing me I'd break them anyway .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-40366976

I can imagine that the excitable Geoffrey was almost wetting himself .....

Definitely one to watch .....
I can imagine how Geoffrey Munn felt, he gets so enthusiastic & emotional.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 12:09 AM

I enjoy Antiques Road show, the experts fascinate with their knowledge.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 05:20 AM

Can you imagine that, not knowing you have a trinket hidden away and it's worth a million pounds? It seems immoral somehow for a little thing to be worth so much, I hope the person who owns it isn't some aristocracy type, hope it's a person who needs some good luck
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 10:17 AM

Just feel sorry for the person that sold it for £2 at a car boot.

Only kidding....but it seems to be the trend with valuable finds.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Can you imagine that, not knowing you have a trinket hidden away and it's worth a million pounds? It seems immoral somehow for a little thing to be worth so much, I hope the person who owns it isn't some aristocracy type, hope it's a person who needs some good luck
Remember the Crawley silver?

Expert Ian Pickford came across this haul in 1993 in Crawley. Arriving in a carrier bag carried by a gent with dreadlocks by the name of Richard Hobbs, it was a collection including a silver stag’s head cup and a wine taster dating back to the reign of King James I. In all - though Pickford says they didn’t even get through looking at the entire collection - it was given an estimated value of around £250,000.

The young man (who looked like he'd nicked it rather than inherited it) brought ever more valuable piece after piece out of scruffy carrier bags .....

One of my favourite moments .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by omah ->
remember the crawley silver?

the young man (who looked like he'd nicked it rather than inherited it) brought ever more valuable piece after piece out of scruffy carrier bags .....

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Remember the Crawley silver?

The young man (who looked like he'd nicked it rather than inherited it) brought ever more valuable piece after piece out of scruffy carrier bags .....

Yes I remember that Omar, I wonder what happened to him? Hope he made good use of the money
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 08:59 PM

Don't get carried away. My late mother left quite a number of antiques but when we had to get a major Antiques firm in for a Probate Valuation they were disappointed and the final Auction Value was only a few thousand.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top