Join for free
Page 13 of 36 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 09:25 AM

Re: Syrian War

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Assad a horrible man, Russians and Americans using Syria as a war ground keeping the fighting from their borders, nearly all the other countries involved piling in on one side of another making grabs for land and territory. None of them nice or reasonable people they don't care who gets hurt.

White helmets a great group until others realised put a white helmet on they would be safe so now no one knows who is a genuine saviour and who is an insurgent.

It's a mess only thing can help at this point is talking, they must get a ceasefire and sit down and talk.

The only people's side I am personally on is the Syrian people who have not done anything to deserve this.
I would have no problem with that Julie, and I was happy to take refugees from camps in Syria, but too many Muslims came here without proof of nationality, and the majority were not from war torn lands! The more I hear all these opposing fake news items, the more I am convinced that people in the Middle east are liars and will do anything in their attempt to take over other countries.

I can't remember who said it, but one important person said "The next world war will be started by the Middle East". What is happening now seems to demonstrate the truth in that statement......and it will be so nasty that it may destroy the world....... not just for people but also for all other life on this planet!

I don't normally think like this, but I am currently feeling that we should have destroyed the whole of the Middle East and allowed civilized communities to live in peace!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 10:17 AM

Operation Good Neighbour is a Christian based outreach group.

The one in Israel is an internationally managed field hospital based on the old IDF Military grounds.

You can make a donation on this site . Top right.

https://www.cufi.org.uk/news/operati...orts-in-syria/

or this one. Middle top line

https://ca.icej.org/news/special-rep...-good-neighbor
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 10:48 AM

@ Twink . I don't think we were able to take the 'real' Syrian refugees initially. Remember Bob Geldof and all the other big names wanting to take them ? He was refused so I assume there was a strict code for the homing of these sad people.
If I remember rightly there were a lot of stipulations put in place, and then it all seemed to go quiet.

The way things are developing, I think we should all be very worried now. There was always likely to be a culmination of something, because none of those proxy countries have ever given up in their attempts to get rid of Assad..... the man who was voted in democratically by his own people !
Two things, 1) why is it we are taking an interest in the sufferings of the Syrian people only NOW. ? 2) Where are all the rebels, militants, FSA, ISIS, Al Qaeda , going to ? The latest batch of 40,000 of them left East Ghouta yesterday. That's 8,000 fighters and their families . That's just one enclave.

N.B
Russia's Black Sea Fleet are on alert !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Operation Good Neighbour is a Christian based outreach group.

The one in Israel is an internationally managed field hospital based on the old IDF Military grounds.

You can make a donation on this site . Top right.

https://www.cufi.org.uk/news/operati...orts-in-syria/

or this one. Middle top line

https://ca.icej.org/news/special-rep...-good-neighbor

What are you saying PD ?
That it's only CHRISTIANS who help people ?
Why don't you just say ISRAELIS why make a faith thing out of it ?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

10-04-2018, 11:07 AM

Anyone can donate to the cause ,not just Christians. Jews, Muslim, Atheists, Buddhists, anyone.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 11:16 AM

@ Twink . I don't think we were able to take the 'real' Syrian refugees initially. Remember Bob Geldof and all the other big names wanting to take them ? He was refused so I assume there was a strict code for the homing of these sad people.
If I remember rightly there were a lot of stipulations put in place, and then it all seemed to go quiet.

The way things are developing, I think we should all be very worried now. There was always likely to be a culmination of something, because none of those proxy countries have ever given up in their attempts to get rid of Assad..... the man who was voted in democratically by his own people !
Two things, 1) why is it we are taking an interest in the sufferings of the Syrian people only NOW. ? 2) Where are all the rebels, militants, FSA, ISIS, Al Qaeda , going to ? The latest batch of 40,000 of them left East Ghouta yesterday. That's 8,000 fighters and their families . That's just one enclave.

N.B
Russia's Black Sea Fleet are on alert !

I've been told the Isis fighters are virtually finished but they are regrouping under another name. I don't think we've seen last of them yet.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 11:23 AM

Hi

The UKis taking 20,000 Syrians direct from the Refugee Camps.

These are vetted and this is done so that we are not importing trouble.

These are genuine people who have nothing, they are not the economic migrants with enough money to pay the people smugglers.

We do not need anymore Radicals here.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

10-04-2018, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I've been told the Isis fighters are virtually finished but they are regrouping under another name. I don't think we've seen last of them yet.
Al Nusra are another affiliated to ISIS.
What concerns me is that only a couple of days ago it was stated that many of the rebels were going to the north of the country to where the SDF are . The US back the SDF and Kurds, against the Turks, so are the terrorists about to be part of that now ? i.e. being used and re-grouped for another battle. It doesn't make sense if they want rid of them. Surely 10,000's of them can't just disappear into the ether ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 11:32 AM

Al Nusra are another affiliated to ISIS.
What concerns me is that only a couple of days ago it was stated that many of the rebels were going to the north of the country to where the SDF are . The US back the SDF and Kurds, against the Turks, so are the terrorists about to be part of that now ? i.e. being used and re-grouped for another battle. It doesn't make sense if they want rid of them. Surely 10,000's of them can't just disappear into the ether ?
This is part of the huge problem there are no good side and bad sides, it's a mess. The only innocents the ones not fighting just trying to hold on waiting for calm.

Anyone thinks talking isn't the answer must be mad at this point.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 11:46 AM

Erm .. anyone paused to ponder where a load of these Syrian refugees came from?

Prior to his own civil war Assad had an open door policy regarding the admittance of refugees , hundreds of thousands of them ... mainly Iraqi's fleeing the trouble there went to Syria. Iraq's were the largest group (barring Palestinians)
When talking of refugees in the ME it helps to just think in terms of 'the displaced' ..
A great many of them are the same people milling around and since the Syrian civil war broke out they either trekked back to Iraq ...or Europe.

As to the Syrian civil war itself. .. it's coming an end. Whoever thought Assad would last out? Syria will take decades to rebuilt and will never be the same again.

Not the end the USA wanted. They wanted Assad to be defeated and hence we have the constant allegations of chemical use. Either that, or war crimes and regime change.
Barak Obama had a go at this tactic, now Trump is doing the same. Barak Obama was reined in by Putin stepping in.
Without Putin we could well have had a serious global conflict fought out in the ME a few years ago.

So, the US need to separate Assad from his main backer, Putin ( and Russian interest in the area) to get the result they wanted.
The timing of this latest accusation of chemical use could be considered suspect for that very reason. It gains Assad nothing to invite international condemnation and reprisals on his own head at this stage.

Meanwhile .. there is the problem with Erdogan and the Kurds engaging in their own scrap in northern Syria. That seems to have gone on the backburner. The Kurds who helped enormously in dealing with Isis , might not now be unreasonable to expect support from their coalition Western allies. Will the captain at the helm, Trump, now hang them out to dry?

Israel are just been opportunistic and jumping into the fray. I believe they're largely concerned with maintaining their own security. They're busy enough getting the Palestinians to toe their line. The day Israel really kick off will be the day they consider Iran a dire threat .. and their response will be so quick Trump won't have time to do a twittish tweet about it.
Israel could well be the one to one day ignite the whole ME into something with catastrophic consequences for the rest of the world.

I mean ... I ask you .. is anyone in that area not fighting someone else ?

The West should never have got involved. It's a shame it's too late to just leave them to it. Our meddling has escalated the warfare and earned us a whole barrowful of trouble with unwanted refugees.

Page 13 of 36 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top