Join for free
Page 5 of 36 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 10:49 AM

Re: Syrian War

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
We didn't interfere. In fact we went out of our way not to do so The flare up was cause by an authoritarian government and a population sick of bowing and scraping inspired by the Arab Spring.
That Arab Spring has bought so much misery in its wake, and we did have a hand in that IMO we encouraged it social media pushed it forward.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That Arab Spring has bought so much misery in its wake, and we did have a hand in that IMO we encouraged it social media pushed it forward.
If my recollection is correct when it all kicked off. The government of the day did not want to get involved and were constantly rebuked by the public for allowing the atrocities assad was perpetrating. It was only when public opinion grew that the government was forced to send out help and arms to the rebels. In fact much of this occurred before Al Qaeda or ISIS ever became involved because they were too stretched in Iraq .

At one point Assad was almost defeated and the rebels were at the gates of Damascus, and then the Russians stepped in and started giving him aid. And we know the reasons in my opinion for that, I've already mentioned
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Yes it would, It would mean that Russia wouldn't be able to put the EU in the same position as the Ukraine when they turned the taps of in mid winter.

As for the puppet regime, yes, Assad was elected but that was then. now he is under obligation to the Russians and under their control. Therefore he is a puppet.
The Syrian people had no qualms with Assad. The uprising started in Daraa due to a few school teenagers writing political graffiti on the walls.
President Bush insisted they were interrogated as they could have been connected to ISIS or Daesh .
Assad obliged.
The Parents objected and protests spread far and wide against the interrogation.

The West were absolutely involved , it had already been decided by Bush senior that the Middle East was to be 're-designed' .
The uprising in all the Arab nations was not coincidence, it was manipulated purely for regime change. It worked in Egypt, and Tunisia, as a different approach to invasion . Then came Syria.
They went in from the country to the towns, whipping up conflicting views.
The West and Israel have supplied weapons and money to the demonic forces, or to put it another way, caches of US and Israel weaponry and hardware have been found all over Syria in terrorist hideouts.
UK have financed the White Helmets to the tune of £19 million, an organisation that supports the terrorists ! USA have given them another £30- 40 million.
Unfortunately, US , the West, Israel ,Turkey might have just about had their tiny little eyes wiped, as in the last couple of days, China have offered to support Syria's re-building programme . So if China and Russia have their noses in Syria, it's not good for anyone , least of all world peace if the West once again, decide they are going to change sides and protect Assad from these evil forces !
It was also announced this week by the Pentagon, that there was no proof that Assad had used chemical weapons.
Now is this to tone down all the rhetoric that has been flying back and forth and another way to calm a situation based on lies, or is it because Russia and Turkey have now got more power in the region than US, which was not the point of the exercise.
Word coming out in mornings news , but we probably won't hear about that on Western TV /BBC :

Botched airstrike by US coalition warplanes kills dozens of civilians - mostly women, children - in east Syria
https://aml.ink/OBjG1

We know US and UK can lie through their back teeth, they did just that to qualify the invasion of Iraq and we believed them then, I don't believe them now I'd sooner believe the ordinary suffering people who live in Syria, and their accounts .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:10 PM

The link you give I see is to a pro Assad online news site .
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

Shhhh! Don’t say things like that.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:24 PM

There were and still are a lot of people who were happy living under assads rule. I doubt many prefer what they have now to the way it was before.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:29 PM

Assad is an evil bastard, who wouldn't be in power if the Russians weren't supporting him.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

02-03-2018, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Assad is an evil bastard, who wouldn't be in power if the Russians weren't supporting him.
I always think in these countries be careful what you wish for, regime change isn't always huge best idea no matter who is in charge. If he was ousted now who would take over ? In a void the most violent most extreme grab power.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:50 PM

This is true in the same way that Iraq was arguly better off. under Saddam except for all the people he and his insane sons murdered and tortured but he did keep peace among factions with an iron fist.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
So where would you like it to come from ? The Daily Mail that has no reporters in the area ?

Try this one, but I'm quite sure if it's not an Israeli news report or Daily Mail, it will be dismissed as per usual.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20...s-in-february/

Page 5 of 36 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top