Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2012, 01:23 PM

Casablanca Revisited

I recently signed up for Netflix movie rental. They send me unlimited movies each month two at a time. When I finish watching them I pop them back in their pre-paid envelopes and return them for two more. I've managed to receive over a dozen each month for the $12 monthly fee.

My most recent adventure is to send for classic movies like "Casablanca" & "The African Queen" starring Humphrey Bogart. I make copies of the DVDs I know I'll want to keep in my library and get the rented DVDs back in the mail as soon as I can. That way I can watch the recorded movies at my leisure while the next set are on their way.

I found Casablanca truly a classic movie, totally in black & white. Those where the glory days of film making when acting, not special effects were king. Next time I'll watch "African Queen" starring Humphrey Bogart and Katharine Hepburn.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2012, 02:07 PM

Re: Casablanca Revisited

If you enjoy the old black and white movies and documentaries as much as I do Bob, pay a visit to the Archive Org., it's based in the USA, they have lots of movies and stuff that is completely free, you can also download for free, also look up free movies online, Free being a key word. Just a thought if you wanted to spread your small income a little further.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top