Join for free
Page 21 of 35 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 01:45 PM

Re: tom daley and husband

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Tssk on you ladies for ragging the guys.

The word ..endure ...

There is an element of having to endure societies sudden extreme swing toward gay parades, celebrities plastered over the papers as they're having a kid ... ex-Olympic swimmers have a sex change, him to her ... loads of gays on soaps which are supposed to represent everyday life where the ratio of gays is claimed to be 1 in 10.
There's more than flippin 10% in UK soaps.
Whether you're gay or not everyone gets it rammed down their throat.

I feel like I have to endure an avalanche of gays landing in my lap sometimes.
This all fits pretty much with what I said earlier.
Changing society is conditioning people.
Young kids will know no different, for better or worse .... but it's a little cruel to dub anyone a dinosaur just because they can remember times when lesbian, gay, bisexual, pansexual, cissexual and transgender were relatively unknown.

Nothing wrong with gays but most folk will agree they are changing the face of society rather more than emancipation for 'blacks' ever did. Why? .. because they wanted to be treated like us (meaning mainstream society) and belong to the status quo ... not change it.
Very well said and thank you for bravely speaking the truth.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
But same could be said for colour, long before I ever saw my first black person in real life they were on tv, even now unless you live in a city there are far more blacks people on tv than many see in real life. To make it normal that's what happens, and IMO it needs to be that way or we'd never move on an accept things.

It's a viewpoint ... Isn't it all a matter of viewpoint though ... just looking at it from the other side?

Colour isn't the same. It's panned out differently.
Coloured people wanted to blend in with the masses because they were ostracised and left on the fringes of mainstream life, looking in ... look at segregation in South Africa. Look at travelling on separate buses etc. Damn ridiculous and demeaning.

With gays and the whole shebang of LGBT (or whatever it is now for they keep adding them) ... they , the same as coloured, want to do what everyone else does ... which is quite correct ... but with gays et al, mainstream society hits a snag. Two men can not have a baby ... they need medical advances and changes in the status quo of Laws to accommodate their different needs.
Coloureds aimed to change others view toward them... not change the society we live in.

It all seems so convoluted .. and many aspects of it make some people wonder where it will all end, that's all. I see nothing wrong in that. Certainly no bigotry or aversion to gays as individuals.
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 01:58 PM

It's a viewpoint ... Isn't it all a matter of viewpoint though ... just looking at it from the other side?

Coloured people wanted to blend in with the masses because they were ostracised and left on the fringes of mainstream life, looking in ... look at segregation in South Africa. Look at travelling on separate buses etc. Damn ridiculous and demeaning.

With gays and the whole shebang of LGBT (or whatever it is now for they keep adding them) ... they , the same as coloured, want to do what everyone else does ... which is quite correct ... but with gays et al, mainstream society hits a snag. Two men can not have a baby ... they need medical advances and changes in the status quo of Laws to accommodate their different needs.
Coloureds aimed to change others view toward them... not change the society we live in.

It all seems so convoluted .. and many aspects of it make some people wonder where it will all end, that's all. I see nothing wrong in that. Certainly no bigotry or aversion to gays as individuals.
Yes, I like your viewpoint... and no, no-thing wrong with it!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 02:01 PM

Well said Mort. Some thought gone into that post gal.

Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 02:03 PM

What a Rocket!
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA

18-02-2018, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well said Mort. Some thought gone into that post gal.

Yes, precisely.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 02:08 PM

I guess this it's not natural way to have a baby idea just whooshes over my head, we were told after many miscarriages we could have a live baby but we'd need technology to do it. So we couldn't do it naturally either. Gives me a feeling technology is sort of natural these days. If we have it and it helps produce happy families why not use it ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 02:17 PM

Forgive me for using animal comparisons again, but isn't it a bit like breeding more puppies when there are so many needy ones waiting for adoption already?

If people are so desperate for a family, why not do a good deed and take on a homess baby instead of using a surrogate?
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 02:29 PM

I cannot get my mind round how you liberals pussyfoot around the core issue.

It takes two people to make a baby, a man and a woman and it's in the natural order of things that the man and the woman raise the child. How can any child bond with the 'mother' and her femininity if its got a hairy chest and dangly bits or a 'father' and his masculinity if he's got a pair of breasts.

With a heterosexual couple the child will have been created through their union which will be their legacy to mankind - a natural progression.

It's both wrong and obscene, in my view, that a gay couple get a child as a fashion statement; a view that will take an extremely powerful argument to alter.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Forgive me for using animal comparisons again, but isn't it a bit like breeding more puppies when there are so many needy ones waiting for adoption already?

If people are so desperate for a family, why not do a good deed and take on a homess baby instead of using a surrogate?
I can only say if there were enough babies in care I'd agree but there aren't when we wanted to adopt at 23-25 we were only offered teenagers of 15-16 ! Damaged ones at that. We didn't feel experienced enough to take them on. At toms husbands age he wouldn't stand a chance of adopting at all. Unless he went abroad and bought a baby back from a poorer country, buying a family like Madonna has. Not everyone wants to do that.

Page 21 of 35 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top