Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2018, 03:05 AM

The brag about the grandchildren thread..

Let's brag about our grand kids. Start with me......I don't have any,
Unfortunately, I had only one child, a boy. He is married to a woman who didn't want children, so I have a little empty space in my heart....

However; I do enjoy seeing pictures or hearing stories about other grandchildren.

Care to tell me about yours?

Come on, don't be shy!
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2018, 06:54 AM

Re: The brag about the grandchildren thread..

My first Gchild is now eight months old, he has brought so much joy to us his Grandparents and we love him dearly...his parents are teaching him how to swim at the moment he went yesterday Saturday to the swimming school it was his tenth visit and he loves the water like his Dad And Gparents.
His Mum has started him on solid foods in the last few weeks and he loves it his favourite is Apple and custard, also he is crawling now and can move at a great rate of knots so now he is mobile the safety gates will have to go up in all the doorways .......
Sad about your DIL not wanting children she is missing out on so much but it is there choice I suppose.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2018, 07:31 AM

We have six, ranging in age from twenty four down to the youngest being just one. None of them live that close though, so we don't see them as much as we'd like.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2018, 07:39 AM

I don't have any grandchildren
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2018, 07:54 AM

Fact is no one barring very close friends are really interested .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2018, 09:34 AM

My eldest grandson (16) is home schooled. He has Asperger's syndrome and found school hard going due to the social interaction with other kids. He has finished all his GCSE's already and has mostly As and A*s. He has insisted he does his 'A' levels Maths, Physics and Chemistry at home. As our daughter, his mother, is unable to teach him those subjects at that level he is going to teach himself. He is quite capable of doing this having a very high intelligence, like his Grandfather, my husband, before his illness. We think my husband also has Asperger's syndrome, something that wasn't heard of when he was young, but that would explain why I found him fascinating, and different to all the other lads I knew.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2018, 09:35 AM

Especially when they are bragging .
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2018, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Especially when they are bragging .
Can't stand bragging grandparents..............perhaps they're making up for some other thing which is missing in their lives?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2018, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Can't stand bragging grandparents..............perhaps they're making up for some other thing which is missing in their lives?
I don't agree with that not in the least, it's the most natural thing in the world to take pleasure in your grandchildren.

I have a little five year old and I just got a new little one who is now six weeks old both boys, added to that I now also have two step grand children a little girl aged seven an a boy aged 10 how lucky am I I determined when I became a grandma to be a fun one not one of those miserable scary ones. I love being a grandma
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

04-02-2018, 10:15 AM

That's fine Summer it's nice to have grandchildren I have three but I try not to bore people about their accomplishments

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top