Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2010, 08:09 AM

Re: How tidy are your drawers?

Qetta, we do our cleanout after two years apart from Top coats.
Anything, not just clothes, that is not used in the two years must not be needed so it goes to charity.

Azz, question, is your desktop as tidy as your drawers?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2010, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
That sounds cool DM!
Mags - I do the same
Lol Aerolor - dogs germs don't cross to our species
Don't worry, but I think you are mistaken Azz - there are many zoonotic infections and diseases which cross over between humans and dogs.
Just a few:-
Lymes disease,
Rabies (but not in this country)
Sarcoptic mange,
Scabies,
Infections from bites (MRSA can be passed this way),
Toxocariasis
Salmonella - maybe possible if immuno compromised
Campylobacter "" "" ""
Cryptosporidosis "" ""
Giardia
Roundworm
Hookworms
Ringworm
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2010, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Good luck with the clean out Qetta! I think I will adopt your rule too - out if not used in the last 5 years!

Aerolor - don't ask! LOL I have a thing about germs - I even hate touching the trolley handles in the supermarkets. Great thing about the winter, you can wear gloves while shopping
Oh goodness Azz that is a pain for you!

After the swine flu scare I carry some alcohol jell in the car and my handbag and put it on after going to the supermarket etc just as a precaution.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2010, 10:05 AM

Don't forget the coins and notes we handle most days are also covered in germs
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 08:03 AM

I must be another unhygenic slob.
Germs, like death is part of living.
If you are going to get something nasty I believe that you will get it regardless of how much hygene you have.

It was Howard Hughes I think, who used to go to great lengths about hygene, just like all of us will end up, he died.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 11:46 AM

I call myself a slob (but nobody else can ).
Basic hygiene and informed awareness of risk is important, as well as knowledgeable protection against things which may harm us. As AB says dirt and germs are part of life and we are usually able to cope with them. We must be exposed to things to aquire our own immunity.
I used to be concerned about germs and sterilizing things when my babies started to crawl, but my mother-in-law said that they would eat more than a pinch of dirt before they died.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

20-09-2010, 01:18 PM

Aerolo, I would never dream of calling you names or anyone else come to that.

Question? When we go to wash the germs off our hands and turn on the tap some germs must be transfered onto the tap, so, when we have washed our hands and go to turn the tap off do we get the germs back again?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

20-09-2010, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Aerolo, I would never dream of calling you names or anyone else come to that.

Question? When we go to wash the germs off our hands and turn on the tap some germs must be transfered onto the tap, so, when we have washed our hands and go to turn the tap off do we get the germs back again?
I was only playing Antibrown, not being serious.

Answer - Could well be so AB and maybe someone else's germs as well. Those 'lil germs are everywhere, on just about everything we touch . But routine cleansing - soap, water and a good scrub is an excellent defense. I don't think folks need to be too concerned in a normal situation. Regards.

Someone once told me the number of spiders we can swallow when we sleep, but I've forgotten -
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 04:34 PM

Yuk, Aerolor, you had to say that about spiders just before my lunch!!!
FayRose
Devon, UK
FayRose is female  FayRose has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 05:35 PM

Tidy drawers ......

Grubby ones are in the laundry basket (or on the floor), clean ones are stuffed in chester(drawers) awaiting use.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top