Join for free
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 09:44 PM

Mary Tyler Moore Has Died Today

Mary died at 80 years of age. She had Diabetes for years and had a brain scan in 2011.

No evidence of what she really died of?

R.I.P+ Mary
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 09:59 PM

Re: Mary Tyler Moore Has Died Today

Shame I liked her she always looked so fresh and vibrant.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 10:17 PM

God bless her.

I was such a huge fan of hers with both The Dick van Dyke Show and The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

Valerie Harper, too, I understand things aren't going too great for her, either.

The MTM Shoe and Rhoda, the laughs I had.

RIP ...
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 10:21 PM

Trouble is , all the old favourites are just gradually paasing.
Glum
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Trouble is , all the old favourites are just gradually paasing.
Glum
I agree. The talent and personality so many of the older ones had is sadly lacking.

Makes me realize how old I'm getting, too ...
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 11:04 PM

Looks like 2017 is carrying on from 2016 in so many of my for want of a better word heros.

Nice bio on her.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001546/b..._=nm_ov_bio_sm
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 11:13 PM

RIP Mary
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 11:20 PM

I wasn't really that into her and DvD...But reading up on her life just now I found it quite shocking that she had to endure so much personal tragedy and get you only ever saw that wide open smiling face R.I.P. Mary.

Moore, who was married three times, endured great personal tragedy. She grew up with an alcoholic mother and suffered from alcohol problems herself - both women were treated at the Betty Ford Center.
Her younger sister died of a drug overdose aged just 21 and she lost her brother to cancer at 47. In her book, After All, Moore described how she tried to help her terminally-ill brother commit suicide with drug-laced ice cream, but the attempt failed.
Her only child, Richie, born during her first marriage to Richard Meeker, also struggled with drug abuse, and accidentally shot himself dead aged 24.
Moore was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in the 1970s and later became the international chair of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, testifying before US Congress to promote stem-cell research. She also campaigned for animal rights.
Lizzie Jones
Canada
Lizzie Jones is female  Lizzie Jones has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Mary died at 80 years of age. She had Diabetes for years and had a brain scan in 2011.

No evidence of what she really died of?

R.I.P+ Mary
She died from cardiopulmonary arrest because of pneumonia.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top