Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 10:03 PM

Re: Unworn Clothes

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I've got a wedding outfit I've only worn once, it's not my fault if people I know don't get married is it?
My funeral outfit gets worn quite a bit, sadly.
My Steampunk gear gets an outing a couple of times a year.
I have some clothes I bought in a sale last year but it hasn't been the right weather for them.
I have an excuse for keeping everything, even old knickers!
TessA

Old knickers make very good dusters, as well as old underpants.

Lizzie Jones
Canada
Lizzie Jones is female  Lizzie Jones has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 10:08 PM

I have clothes in rubbermaid bins that are currently too small for me but I plan on wearing them again after my weight loss surgery.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
If you can tell me size, colour & make, it's yours.

Drat. I've been sussed.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I heard on a programme yesterday that most women have at least 20% of their wardrobe full of clothes that they have never worn, nor likely to. Frequently, brand new clothes with the labels still on them even.

They reckoned we tend to wear the same 80% of clothing over and over and totally ignore other things, yet still allow them to take up wardrobe space.

Have you got things you have never worn, yet still keep?
No, not guilty, Mups. Every Spring I go through the wardrobes and anything that has not been worn at least once in the previous 12 months goes out to charity and, when I buy anything new, I work on the 'one in one out' principal. Drives my friends mad !!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
No, not guilty, Mups. Every Spring I go through the wardrobes and anything that has not been worn at least once in the previous 12 months goes out to charity and, when I buy anything new, I work on the 'one in one out' principal. Drives my friends mad !!

You are a good girl then Tabs. Very organised.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Drat. I've been sussed.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
What great discipline !
I do try and I put stuff outside in black bin bags or boxes .
Then it has to make its way to the car and from thence to the charity shop .
It's a long process.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 11:43 PM

I have this wicked skirt in soft leather with fringes a la Pocahontas that I have never worn (but I will one day when I get more mini -ha ha )

Meanwhile
Despite too many other clothes it's so darn cold here I only wear my ski jacket and boots ( with suitable themals and jeans and jumpers underneath of course!)
Topped off with fake fur headband which I wear daily despite the fact it's keeps falling off and people think it's a dead animal .
Shadowman
Wisconsin, USA
Shadowman is male  Shadowman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 03:43 AM

This thread started me to thinking about Imelda Marcos, Tammy Faye Bakker and the likes. Imelda supposedly have over 3,000 pairs of shoes, and Tammy Faye had to add on to the house to store her purchases, pillows, dresses, shoes, etc. most unused and with tags still on. I admit, I buy most of my clothes at the thrift shop and have a bad habit of observing things. The thrift shops (second hand stores) always seem to have only about 20 pairs of men's shoes to about every 800 of women's. Just to ensure that I do not get into too much trouble with women remarks, I do know of men who will spend massive money on a vintage Corvette, push it into the corner of the garage or shed, and leave it there unused for 30 years (of course that is an investment in anticipating the increase in collector value).
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Shadowman ->
This thread started me to thinking about Imelda Marcos, Tammy Faye Bakker and the likes. Imelda supposedly have over 3,000 pairs of shoes, and Tammy Faye had to add on to the house to store her purchases, pillows, dresses, shoes, etc. most unused and with tags still on. I admit, I buy most of my clothes at the thrift shop and have a bad habit of observing things. The thrift shops (second hand stores) always seem to have only about 20 pairs of men's shoes to about every 800 of women's. Just to ensure that I do not get into too much trouble with women remarks, I do know of men who will spend massive money on a vintage Corvette, push it into the corner of the garage or shed, and leave it there unused for 30 years (of course that is an investment in anticipating the increase in collector value).
The problem with leaving old cars in a shed or garage for years is they deteriorate, chickens nest in them, mice eat the wiring & all sorts of bugs take over the upholstery, where as clothing if stored in air tight containers doesn't.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top