Join for free
Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 12:55 PM

Re: Your conscience

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
So "clean" it by buying and selling a few high value items using part cash and part credit then sell it on paying off the credit. Expensive cars for example. Easy to shift a couple a month and by being a bit shrewed even make a few quid on some deals. To "clean" the cash deposit no problem. Cash under the mattress explanation. After all most folk have a few thou in cash kicking around. Take a few weeks admittedly but that's no problem. Could see it as a hobby! Then there's cyber-money, Bitcoin the best known and easiest traded.
Haha! I never thought that joining this forum would teach me how to clean dirty money....!

Also...yeah, lemme just grab my stash that I have lying around casually and see what I can do with it I do wonder sometimes what kind of world you live in where this actually is a thing....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Haha! I never thought that joining this forum would teach me how to clean dirty money....!

Also...yeah, lemme just grab my stash that I have lying around casually and see what I can do with it I do wonder sometimes what kind of world you live in where this actually is a thing....
By a few thou lying around I meant in UK bank a/c's in addition to hard cash indoors.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 01:23 PM

In '63 a member of the public handed over £47,245 that had been dumped in a phone box by a Great Train Robber.....

I'd have to think about that

I've thought about it.....Which way is Rio??
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 01:39 PM

By a few thou lying around I meant in UK bank a/c's in addition to hard cash indoors.
Ahh ok, yeah...I still had the "under the mattress" idea in my head and joined it up with a few thousand lying around. Its the sunshine for two days in a row, Todger, its made me giddy!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

15-04-2021, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by poohdog ->
In '63 a member of the public handed over £47,245 that had been dumped in a phone box by a Great Train Robber.....

I wonder how much that would be worth in todays money??!!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by poohdog ->

Trust me, Rio is a HORRIBLE place.

It looks great in some pictures but don't go by looks. It's a place where one needs to wash one's hands BEFORE going to the lavatory and the only place in all the places that I've been, and I've been to a good few, where I saw mobile brothels. Modified busses especially on Avenida Atlāntica (sea front Copacabana).
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

15-04-2021, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I wonder how much that would be worth in todays money??!!
Multiply it by around 18.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 01:58 PM

My son, some years back, had £32,000 deposited into his account..,no idea where it came from...we notified the bank, they sent him a bottle of champagne for being honest.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

15-04-2021, 02:34 PM

Multiply it by around 18.
Oooh! You'd need a helluva deep mattress to hide that lot!
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 02:39 PM

Questions need to be asked if something is paid for using thousands of £s in banknotes. It is possible they were obtained illegally.

Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top