Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 11:13 PM

General Chat

It's been a slow one on General Chat tonight, what's going on at GCHQ.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 11:49 PM

Re: General Chat

I have been busy sorting boxes.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 12:36 AM

I have been busy clipping my dogs.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 12:40 AM

Been watching TV.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 12:53 AM

Just risen from my pit for the second time in the past 24hrs.
My back went into spasm around 2.45pm Saturday and been drugged up since then. I was just getting a couple of pies from the freezer for half time with my mushy peas bent down and that was it. Been in agony since. And we lost the match to the Hammers which made things so much worse.
I could not lay there in one place any longer I needed a cuppa so that is why I am up this late.
Oh and my dog was so pleased she had been squinting and walking with her back legs squeezed together around the side of my bed for ages. She won't go out with the missus just me.
Thick fog out there now I reckon our lass will be getting a cab to the station in the morning no way can I drive at present.
Goodnight or good morning everyone.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 01:00 AM

Hello all. I am so sorry to hear about your back Longfellow. I do hope you manage to get comfortable enough to get some sleep tonight. It's meant to be foggy and freezing here too tomorrow.
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 01:08 AM

Hi Annie yep already my planters are covered in frost and the fog is getting denser as I look out of my office window.
Now it as just become pitch black because the council turn off all the street lighting at midnight.
I hope no one needs any emergency services tonight,the paramedics must have a hell of a job finding places on nights like these and it cannot be helped by the lighting al being switched off at midnights.
I am hoping I will tire soon after a couple of mugs of tea maybe I need a drop of dark rum in them.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 01:24 AM

It's kind of cosy having this weather when you are wrapped up warm inside, but not so much when you are in pain. Tea with rum sounds lovely.

I do so admire our paramedics. They have to work all hours in terrible conditions and still do such a fabulous job when dealing with the most awful situations.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
.... My back went into spasm around 2.45pm Saturday and been drugged up since then. I was just getting a couple of pies from the freezer for half time with my mushy peas bent down and that was it. Been in agony since.......
Believe me, I share your pain ......
Dr.Pum recommends
a muscle relaxant (like Valium) plus codeine, paracetamol and an anti-inflammatory - celebrex, Naprosyn, ibuprofen - whatever.

Scoff the lot with a single malt.
Repeat when needed.
Pain gone !
longfellow
Chatterbox

23-01-2017, 02:15 AM

I actually rattle when I get up and struggle to walk at present Pummie.
But I think the rum and the valarian are starting to kick in.

Now to walk the stairway to heaven..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top