Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 03:49 PM

Unworn Clothes

I heard on a programme yesterday that most women have at least 20% of their wardrobe full of clothes that they have never worn, nor likely to. Frequently, brand new clothes with the labels still on them even.

They reckoned we tend to wear the same 80% of clothing over and over and totally ignore other things, yet still allow them to take up wardrobe space.

Have you got things you have never worn, yet still keep?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 03:58 PM

Re: Unworn Clothes

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I heard on a programme yesterday that most women have at least 20% of their wardrobe full of clothes that they have never worn, nor likely to. Frequently, brand new clothes with the labels still on them even.

They reckoned we tend to wear the same 80% of clothing over and over and totally ignore other things, yet still allow them to take up wardrobe space.

Have you got things you have never worn, yet still keep?
Yes and I must get rid of them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Yes and I must get rid of them.

Silly isn't it. I wonder why we do that?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 04:01 PM

OMG I am so guilty of this! Usually impulsive sale shopping. The worst thing is if I buy something and end up having to give to the charity shop with the label still on. But sometimes I don't wear something for years and suddenly it's my favourite again. As I type I am wearing a next jumper that I found rummaging in the attic the other day. I bought it in 1988 or '87 and it looks much better now and amazing that the quality is such that it looks brand new.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Silly isn't it. I wonder why we do that?
It is silly, but I am a creature of habit and don't like to be out of my routines, even where clothes are concerned.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 04:03 PM

One of my NZ Granddaughters has at least ten pairs of high heel and totally impractical but "must have" shoes she has never worn . She will never part with them "just in case"!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 04:19 PM

I did have a quantity of clothes which before i got round to wear , i had moved up a couple of sizes, it was good quality coats as well , but i knew i was not going to get back to the size i was when i bought them ,so i did send them to Charity .Shoes also seem to suddenly be a size too small , I have one pair of high heel court shoes which im hanging onto, even though i doubt i will ever wear again because of foot problem .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 04:19 PM

Judging by our 95/5% wardrobe arrangement, I would suggest the percentage is higher than 20.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 04:24 PM

Hi

Typical of women, and then they complain when you quite reasonably have 57 fishing rods.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Typical of women, and then they complain when you quite reasonably have 57 fishing rods.
And when you go fishing do you insist that you don't have a single rod that's good enough to take.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top