Join for free
Page 11 of 17 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 11:08 AM

Re: Bad news / good news

Hi everyone, sorry to hear so many of us are going through this ! I reacted badly to the anti nausea med so they have said I will have to try and get through it with out. I was very sick day I had it and day after but starting to feel more like me since.

I've actually got too much help, I'm feeling a bit smothered by family but I keep saying to myself they are trying to help I mustn't get annoyed.

Grace and Steven are doing to cooking, Nathan helps at weekends.

I'm starting days late because I can't stand smell of coffee or yoghurt two things my lot love in the morning. So I stay in bed while they breakfast then they open windows to get rid of the smell for me.

Nathan takes grace to school most days but when he can't one of her friends mums pops round for her.

We are going to the caravan for the weekend a bit of fresh air might do me good is the general consensus. I see weather forecast is fairly good so they might be right.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Hi everyone, sorry to hear so many of us are going through this ! I reacted badly to the anti nausea med so they have said I will have to try and get through it with out. I was very sick day I had it and day after but starting to feel more like me since.

I've actually got too much help, I'm feeling a bit smothered by family but I keep saying to myself they are trying to help I mustn't get annoyed.

Grace and Steven are doing to cooking, Nathan helps at weekends.

I'm starting days late because I can't stand smell of coffee or yoghurt two things my lot love in the morning. So I stay in bed while they breakfast then they open windows to get rid of the smell for me.

Nathan takes grace to school most days but when he can't one of her friends mums pops round for her.

We are going to the caravan for the weekend a bit of fresh air might do me good is the general consensus. I see weather forecast is fairly good so they might be right.
I'm feeling a bit sickly too Julie, but from my notes it seems it may get better as time goes by. I do have some tablets which I can take but resisting for now to see if it gets better. I find a slice of bread and butter helps me.

Enjoy your time I the caravan, I don't feel like holidaying at the moment but sometimes can be persuaded to go out for an hour in the afternoon. It's all very new to me is all this.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 02:08 PM

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))) to both Julie & Val,hang on in there Lassies and I hope the sickness doesn't last for too long xx
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 02:47 PM

Hi, Val. it's good to hear from you. I hope this day has been a better one. I hope you are getting ahead of the effects of the chemo and will be back to feeling like yourself enough to get out and about more. When my teenage daughter went through chemo, they said her hair would thin but not fell out. I didn't tell her or anyone - and with a shorter cut and some styling gel to keep it fluffy, neither she nor anyone in the family even noticed. I hope that for you, like my daughter, that the worst is just cleaing out hair brushes a little more often . Your husband sounds like a trooper for all he is doing for you.

Julie, i'm pleased you are strong enough to be able to get away for a few days. One of the things that helped my daughter with nausea was to put a very...very...small amount of mentholatum at the base of the opening of her nostrils. That seemed to counter the other aromas in the house that were making her queasy. When she became ill, it was very difficult for me to let people help, but I realized that getting to help was not just something to do for their loved one, but that it gave them a little control in a situation (having someone so important to them become sick) in which they felt like they had none.

Speedy recovery to you both!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 03:57 PM

That's interesting surfer mum I'll try that, ginger helps but not smelling things would be a huge help thank you.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 05:25 PM

Sending hugs to both Val and Julie. I hope you both feel better soon.

A good tip from Surfermom, by the sounds of it!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
(((((((((((hugs)))))))))) to both Julie & Val,hang on in there Lassies and I hope the sickness doesn't last for too long xx

May I second May's good wishes, ladies.
You are both very brave gals. one for Julie and one for Val.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 05:04 PM

Many thanks ladies, for your tips, hugs and good wishes, much appreciated.

I ventured out today, the first time in a couple of days, enjoyed the outing but was pleased to be back home.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Many thanks ladies, for your tips, hugs and good wishes, much appreciated.

I ventured out today, the first time in a couple of days, enjoyed the outing but was pleased to be back home.
Make sure you get plenty of rest Val! When the treatment stops you can get back to normal over the next few months....and you really do, I promise!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 07:19 AM

Good wishes to you both from me too, I wish you both a speedy recovery

Page 11 of 17 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top