Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 12:32 PM

And now for the good news!

Came home a short while ago to find a message on the landline machine, from the committee member who angered me by taking one of the raised beds! Asked if I was well and if I wanted anything watering.

So I phoned her. Told her I'd been away a few days, and will be away all next week. Asked how the news went. She thought before answering. 'With regret. Hard working.'

The chair never turned up so it was left to the secretary to break the news. Lynda tried talking to Maggie (s) after the meeting and our nosy Hungarian member tried to butt in and was most offended when told it was a private conversation. I don't know what went on in that conversation, but Lynda said there are no grudges, I shouldn't worry about the one in the w/c and her husband (brother said, that's easy for her to say!), and she's encouraged me to take on that other bed. So I've written to AO now asking for it.

We didn't talk about my moods or anything, and she said if I wanted to clear my shed out (they have started on it), they would help.

So I thought, seems like an olive branch is being extended here, so accepted gracefully. And, something she never does (!), wished me a nice holiday!!

But I'm not retracting any resignations. I told Lynda I wanted to step away from responsibilities for now.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 12:50 PM

Re: And now for the good news!

That sounds more positive I'm glad to hear.

Just watch your back though I know what these allotments can be like !
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 12:55 PM

Sounds positive Jazzi and I hope it's put your mind at ease so you can enjoy your holiday
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 01:07 PM

Thanks ladies. Yes Julie, I'll try not to be too complacent.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 06:31 PM

I'm glad for you Jazzi - but why do you have to clear your shed out and where will you put the stuff that's in it?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

15-06-2017, 07:29 PM

There's a small table in there, with drawers, and it's full of mouse droppings, and rubbish that has made its way behind it. We have seen a mouse in the shed. Nothing else has to be moved out, except for all the giant spiders.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 10:00 PM

Mouse I can cope with but giant spider omg aaahhhhh !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

15-06-2017, 10:10 PM

Same here Julie!

She blimming phoned again this evening, JUST as I was about to watch DIY SOS. I was already recording something else, so had to record that too, and switch telly off. I got rid of her after 50 minutes! Argh! I don't have time to find to watch all recordings, so would have preferred to watch it live.

Think I preferred it when we weren't talking! Lol.

Right, let's get to bed.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top