Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 09:39 PM

Re: Knee Relacement

Thank you both. She doesnt have any tablets for pain just a Morphine patch on her shoulder. Took her first steps tonight, just across the room, painful but managed it . There are 3 of them in the recovery room tonight, so its a bit of a riot with all three of them , pity the poor nurses
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 10:22 AM

Back in her own room this morning, quite painful. surgeon came and spent 20 mins with her, had a long chat about his time spent in a U S A hospital hmm!! certainly not enthralled by the health system for those that have the money.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 09:12 AM

Have the hospital given any idea how long the pain is likely to last? A week ago the doctor at the fracture clinic told me that I may suffer mild pain for 3-4 weeks on my wrist. Yesterday my physio told me it would be more like 3-6 months and the pain may be bad for some of that time! .
I know they can't give exact times but it really makes you feel down when you are given 2 such differing opinions.

Tell her that we should have a competition to see who gets rid of the pain first!
Norway
i

15-11-2017, 10:41 AM

They havnt said how long, but trying different pain killer mixtures, morphine itself was making her feel weird, so now on a mixture. They havnt said how long the pain will be at its present level. She is managing to walk a bit using a sort of support on wheels. I think there is going to be some sort of pain for up to possibly 6 months. People on here that have had the op will know more about that .
My wife fell a few years ago and broke her wrist, she had bad pain for a few weeks , mainly because they upset the break when trying to re -dress it, instead of supporting it when they took the old dressing off they just let it flop, idiots !!She still gets mild pain sometimes, but she does have very brittle bones.I hope your pain will soon decide that its had enough and go off to someone else
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 10:45 AM

If it's any help my husband had pain for about 4 months, went back to work with a bit of pain but managed well enough and found working gave him more exercise and took his mind off his knee so it was about 6 months he realised he hadn't had pain for a couple of days.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 10:46 AM

Home made burger in a whole wheat bun with a few chips and baked beans.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
They havnt said how long, but trying different pain killer mixtures, morphine itself was making her feel weird, so now on a mixture. They havnt said how long the pain will be at its present level. She is managing to walk a bit using a sort of support on wheels. I think there is going to be some sort of pain for up to possibly 6 months. People on here that have had the op will know more about that .
My wife fell a few years ago and broke her wrist, she had bad pain for a few weeks , mainly because they upset the break when trying to re -dress it, instead of supporting it when they took the old dressing off they just let it flop, idiots !!She still gets mild pain sometimes, but she does have very brittle bones.I hope your pain will soon decide that its had enough and go off to someone else
From what Julie said 6 months sounds about the norm...... so you better get used to that oven as it looks like you may be cooking Christmas dinner.
Norway
i

15-11-2017, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If it's any help my husband had pain for about 4 months, went back to work with a bit of pain but managed well enough and found working gave him more exercise and took his mind off his knee so it was about 6 months he realised he hadn't had pain for a couple of days.
Thanks for that Julie, at least it gives us some idea of the length of time to be more or less pain free. I suppose like most , we want to be up and about NOW .
Beef stew for dinner tonight
Norway
i

15-11-2017, 02:08 PM

Twinks , I dread the thought of that, not that I couldnt do it, just that the supervision would be unbearable
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

15-11-2017, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Twinks , I dread the thought of that, not that I couldnt do it, just that the supervision would be unbearable
Now come on Norway! Mrs N just wants you both to have a perfect Christmas dinner. She knows how to do it but will be unable, whereas you are not as experienced as she, but can do it.
She will just be making sure that you don't make any mistakes, that will make you feel embarrassed. With a bit of practice you may be fortunate enough to get the job of cooking Christmas dinner, every year!

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top