Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Sundodger
Spain
Sundodger is male  Sundodger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 08:45 AM

Re: Lanzarote

Love Lanzarote! Usually got to PB and dive from Rubicon in the marina, but last trip a couple of weeks ago went to Puerto del Carmen old town to dive there again! Very cheap flights from here in Spain!
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 09:46 AM

Thanks my neck of the woods. Where you from
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Nice photo Goldielocks. Itīs raining here right now, the friend who arrives to stay in the morning will be pleased !
I can't even see Grande Hatchje this morning. You in Lanza
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Lovely rainbow Sue

I've been to Lanzarote once, we stayed in Costa de Teguise..
I've been once too. Not a place I would go again. I prefer Spain as it has so much more to offer.

But I may be in the minority. Goldie, apart from a decent climate and being duty free, can you tell me what attracted you to living there?
Goldielocks
Spain

05-04-2016, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I've been once too. Not a place I would go again. I prefer Spain as it has so much more to offer.

But I may be in the minority. Goldie, apart from a decent climate and being duty free, can you tell me what attracted you to living there?
Hi

Not Costa Teiguise or Peurto Del Carmen, absolutely ruined Lanzarote reputation. There are some beautiful spots north and inner of the island. I live in Playa Blanca which is considered the posh end Lanzarote buildings are all low build in the majority. The other island's have been ruined by high rise.

Why Lanzarote and not Spain. The weather mostly as mainland Spain gets too cold in the winter. It rarely rains and as long as you get off the island from time to time as island living can be too claustrophobic. Best to keep off Facebook too as your business is disgust within 30 mins I do feel CostaTeguise should be bull dozed The volcanos are wow but you do need to visit all the island.

My favourite part of Spain Andulcia but I don't tend to like that main road that seems to run through most parts of Spain. Like an artery.

Each to our own though :- )x
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 02:34 PM

Thanks for your reply Goldie. When I went I rented a villa inland and drove all over the island, except for avoiding the resorts. I was determined NOT to go to Puerto del Carmen! Did go to PB briefly, and quite liked the north end of the island but not enough to want to go again.
I agree about the horrible main road in Andalucia...

Given free choice, I'd be happy to live inland on Mallorca, preferably in an old finca...
Goldielocks
Spain

05-04-2016, 03:28 PM

Hi

It was nearly Majorca, which we love . Again winner's too cold. At a later date we plan to island hope. 6 months each on each island. We shall see as you get reduction on your flights as you know.
Sundodger
Spain
Sundodger is male  Sundodger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
Thanks my neck of the woods. Where you from
On the Med coast an hour south of Granada and an hour east of Malaga.

Have you seen the new underwater statues yet? The installation has been stopped until November, but will be great!
Goldielocks
Spain

05-04-2016, 10:13 PM

We watched them being built, or sculptured I should say. They are magnificent .
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:18 PM

Did you know, did you know..... The larva fields on Lanzarote have been used several times in films as the surface of Mars. I believe it is the third largest larva field in the world.

My OH and self were there over Christmas and New Year. We loved just about every minute of it. We didn't see a single drop of rain.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top