Join for free
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 02:33 PM

Chiropractic

Has anyone tried a Chiropractic before?
Are they any good, and how much does a session cost?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 03:41 PM

Re: Chiropractic

I recently went to one about my trochanteric bursitis. They charged me £45 for the initial consultation and £30 for each session lasting 30 minutes.

I had 4 sessions and it did me no good at all.

The practice I went to got some good google reviews but the praise was all for the heads man called Paul - he owned the practice.

Two more people worked there - they got no reviews at all.
I saw a young woman - she only looked about 20 years old. She was useless!

I would say, study the reviews and ask for the one who has been named and praised.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 03:52 PM

Yes I spent £200 going to a chiropractor for a frozen shoulder , it felt good for a couple of hours then the next day was still stuck and painful . I have had deep tissue massage over the years and think this is better , it softens the muscles and releases toxin build up from the body as drinking water after helps clear this . I'm better now , have been for months , don't think I'd go to a chiropractor again though . Although the saying never say never comes to mind
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 03:56 PM

Hi Susie, I do happen to know a bit about this as I have gone roughly quarterly for many years.

Many years ago I tried Osteopaths and ordinary Chiropractors, but wasn't happy with either. Then I discovered the McTimoney chiropractic way of working and it is very different and much kinder.

These people can work on animals as well as people, so when you think about it, they would probably get a kick in the teeth if they hurt a horse's back. There has to be another way, and these people mostly work with their fingertips, so cracking and twisting your joints about your joints
about. I have stayed with the same lady I see for about 12 years and she has kept me mobile, and also sorted my old dog's slipped disc out in just one visit, whereas all the could offer her was painkillers.

Have a look at their website and it will tell you if there is a practitioner in your area or not.

http://www.mctimoney-chiropractic.org/

My lady charges me £42 but that may vary with where you are, and the first appointment will always be dearer because it takes time to talk first visit, find out what's wrong and get some history started.

I would say don't leave it if you feel you have a problem, because it can have a knock-on effect if you do.

One last word though, because I am lucky enough to have a really good and lovely lady who I trust implicitly, I can't vouche for all of them! It's like doctors - there's good and bad.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 06:45 PM

Thanks everyone, very useful.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 07:13 PM

I went to one once, it was neither cheap nor expensive. He said-aha your shoulder. This may hurt a little. A little??-2 seconds of intense white agony.

Never had a problem since.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 10:28 PM

I agree Mups.
McTimoney is magic.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hi Susie, I do happen to know a bit about this as I have gone roughly quarterly for many years.

Many years ago I tried Osteopaths and ordinary Chiropractors, but wasn't happy with either. Then I discovered the McTimoney chiropractic way of working and it is very different and much kinder.

These people can work on animals as well as people, so when you think about it, they would probably get a kick in the teeth if they hurt a horse's back. There has to be another way, and these people mostly work with their fingertips, so cracking and twisting your joints about your joints
about.
I have stayed with the same lady I see for about 12 years and she has kept me mobile, and also sorted my old dog's slipped disc out in just one visit, whereas all the could offer her was painkillers.

Have a look at their website and it will tell you if there is a practitioner in your area or not.

http://www.mctimoney-chiropractic.org/

Apologies, I meant to say " NO cracking and twisting your joints about" like a lot of osteopaths do.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top