Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 10:36 AM

Re: Grace

Had a report from her school yesterday. They said she's doing so well they are removing her help but if she feels anytime she needs help just has to ask.

Also she's begun limited pe lessons again, they are working on coordination just throwing and catching a ball was impossible a month ago but with work she's managing 80 per cent of the catches and 60 percent of the throws accurately.

I can't praise her school enough they have been great with her.

GP is amazed how she's getting on and how positive she is, he said most of his stroke patients go through a deep depression but she's up and smiling and laughing all the time.

My husband had bought her a bicycle from us for her birthday and she's determined to ride that without stabilisers. That determination will see her do that I believe.

We have a wedding at Easter and she is so proud she's bridesmaid and has had great fun choosing a dress. I'm very impressed with Jordan's young lady she's been great at including grace in it all, they chose her dress together and went for fittings and chose all the flowers and food together. Lovely young woman Jordan is lucky he's chosen well.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 10:38 AM

I'm so pleased to hear Grace is doing well ... she's a very brave and determined young lady
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 11:38 AM

Grace sounds like a fighter and with you backing her up Im sure she will be riding that bike without the stabilisers really soon..

Wonderful news..
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 12:06 PM

Julie, I hope you can tell Grace that she is also making a bunch of over 50's very happy with her improvement.
I always believe that strong minded people who are prepared to battle with illness, rather than be beaten by it, are the people who will gain admiration in life and do well.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 12:11 PM

I'm very proud of her I keep telling her mummy would be proud and is looking down on her too. We are working with a solicitor and ss at the moment to get the adoption on course. Small hitch the other grandparents keep popping up but ss amazingly are fighting them off for us ! I think they must have seen something worrying as we had. I've never had many good things to say about ss but on this occasion they are being great.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 12:11 PM

It is wonderful to hear that Grace is doing so well and i hope the adoption goes through OK. You give a lot of joy to each other
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

29-03-2017, 12:14 PM

Even when it's hard work grace is ray of sunshine really cheers us up. Sounds daft but I think she's keeping us a bit younger, found us all dancing to a pop song last night ! Not really our thing before grace came to us.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Had a report from her school yesterday. They said she's doing so well they are removing her help but if she feels anytime she needs help just has to ask.

Also she's begun limited pe lessons again, they are working on coordination just throwing and catching a ball was impossible a month ago but with work she's managing 80 per cent of the catches and 60 percent of the throws accurately.

I can't praise her school enough they have been great with her.

GP is amazed how she's getting on and how positive she is, he said most of his stroke patients go through a deep depression but she's up and smiling and laughing all the time.

My husband had bought her a bicycle from us for her birthday and she's determined to ride that without stabilisers. That determination will see her do that I believe.

We have a wedding at Easter and she is so proud she's bridesmaid and has had great fun choosing a dress. I'm very impressed with Jordan's young lady she's been great at including grace in it all, they chose her dress together and went for fittings and chose all the flowers and food together. Lovely young woman Jordan is lucky he's chosen well.
Well.........that has brightened up a very dull day...who needs sunshine.

PS...she's lucky to have you and hubby and the boys.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

29-03-2017, 01:54 PM

Thank you but I really see us as the lucky ones with all the kids they've all done us proud really.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Even when it's hard work grace is ray of sunshine really cheers us up. Sounds daft but I think she's keeping us a bit younger, found us all dancing to a pop song last night ! Not really our thing before grace came to us.
This is true children put line stories on your face but keep the mind young .

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top