Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2012, 03:45 PM

Re: Newsworthy?

Originally Posted by eccles ->
"The sexual side is too awful to contemplate?" Get a grip, please. We know nothing about Megan, whether she's a shy, vunerable child or if she's already had several boyfriends and is sexually active, as many 15 year olds are now. Good job she isn't Spanish, eh? The legal age there is 13 I believe, and assuming she will be 16 soon and it will all be legal and proper, it makes a bit of a mockery about all the media hoo-ha.

Comparing it to the Asian men grooming girls, their targets were druggies and homeless girls, youngsters with no supportive loving families who hung around the streets, and as far as I know Megan doesn't fit this bill, she willingly went with the teacher - oh, and hasn't bothered to ring her worried parents either. He's certainly callous in leaving his wife, foolish to throw away a good career (although it probably isn't the lifetime inspirational job it's commonly supposed to be) and selifsh not to insist she contacts her family - but here's a thought - maybe, just maybe, he loves her and vice versa. Even if it doesn't last - and some of these things do last - can he really be compared to some middle aged bloke abducting and abusing a small child?
Using the word love in conjunction with a fifteen year old is a joke.
She may be infatuated with him, there is a big difference.

He has taken advantage of a situation that probably many teachers have found themselves in.

That creature has abducted her. She is underage and he has taken her without the consent of her parents.

It seems that some are condoning the abduction and probable statutory rape of a minor. It does not matter that she may have consented.

He knows full well the crimes he has committed, why do you think he has gone on the run with her.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2012, 04:14 PM

Well said Mesco, in reply to that silly post by Eccles. This teacher is every parents nightmare, grooming the girl over a period of months, newly married himself, small child, what a waste of space. Twice the age of a vunerable girl, love? Eccles, is you that needs to get a grip, and pronto.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2012, 09:59 PM

This situation has been played out in soap land, Rosie and John Stape, the issue then was who was leading, and who was following.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2012, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
It really does not matter one jot how mature or otherwise this girl is. The inescapable fact is that under the 2003 Sexual Offences Act in England and Wales she is deemed to be below the age of consent.
The law is quite clear, it does not distinguish between gender or sexual proclivity and quite rightly does not make any sliding scale allowances for those nearing the legal age of consent.

From what has been reported, the school have abjectly failed in their duty of care, both to the pupil and not least the parents, and it would seem they are no strangers to that situation.

I cannot imagine the agony the mother and father are going through and I guess they at least are hopeful that the publicity will continue and bring about the end to their search.

One can only hope that the sought after male involved - I refuse to call him a man - in this tragedy has a spark of conscience and comes back to face the music.

100% spot on there. She was under the legal age limit to consent and therefore he was committing a crime. He should be labelled a paedophile, charged with statutory rape and struck off as a teacher. He was the adult, and she the child.

If they truly are "in love" then he should have convinced her to wait another couple of months until she turned 16 when she could have quite legally have had a relationship with whomsoever she wished. They may not even be in France any longer.

It's his missus I feel so very sorry for.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 12:10 AM

This story is getting plenty of coverage over here too which is good, who knows they could be in Ireland. My sympathies are with the parents, what a terrible worry for them.
To my mind there are only two words to describe this adult individual 'Gobshite Extraordinaire', I mean how stupid can you get, he is a newly married school teacher who's job was secured in these jobless times, with a young wife and child to love and enjoy, and he throws it all away by running off with a child half his age, what did he hope to achieve?, true love?, come on pull the other one, teacher teach yourself a few lessons about life, it doesn't work out that way, even if you do find a safe haven you'll soon tire of her, your sort always do, maybe your wife is better off finding out now while she is still young what kind of a skunk you really are.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 10:29 AM

I have no doubt that this man has abused his position of trust as a teacher. He is the adult in the relationship and it is expected that teachers behave appropriately with their pupils. He is irresponsible and I hope they wil bothl be found soon.
Erinaceous
East Anglia
Erinaceous is male  Erinaceous has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 10:37 AM

I wonder what it's diverting attention away from. It's certainly being vastly overblown by the Media.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Erinaceous ->
I wonder what it's diverting attention away from. It's certainly being vastly overblown by the Media.
Simple answer - Cameron's inability to answer questions posed on UK Nationality tests, on the 'John Letterman show' - pathetic!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 06:47 PM

It would seem that the media has played a big part in this young girl being found I am so relieved for her parents that she is safe.

It would have been be all too easy for an impressionable little girl and a besotted man who has betrayed a trust and 'burnt his boats' back in the UK to have joined in some kind of suicide pact, I am sure this must have been in the minds of parents and police when they sought the help of the media.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Erinaceous ->
It's not worth the wall to wall attention it's getting.

Well we all know you don't like kids, but if this young girl was your daughter, I think you would think differently.
Firstly he did wrong, maybe she did go on her own accord, but did he groom her, had he had sex with her before they ran away?
This man is wrong and should get the strongest sentence possible, to give a message to other teachers out there, and if as someone said, the school knew about this they should be taken to task too.
He will never work again in a teaching job, and as someone as said they feel sorry for his wife, but maybe she has found what he is like whilst she is still young, to get on with her life, who knows she may let him off.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top