Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 05:41 PM

Re: Child free zones

I've had the devil of a job trying to find the 'ignore this person' button..hey, I found it!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
I've had the devil of a job trying to find the 'ignore this person' button..hey, I found it!
Jan darlin' - no wrong tactic!!! - don't ignore him - fight back, let him know how despicable his comments are!!!
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 09:00 PM

I was sat on plane with a toddler crying. Coming back from my hols. I felt sorry for the parent and the toddler. I talked and play peek a boo with her gave her some sweets. Bit of attention can divert the child from crying. She fell asleep not long after.
Most of us have had children, and understand.
I do hope I never turn into a grumpy old woman. Children give a lot of happiness to some people.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2012, 07:26 AM

Arthur, why should adults learn to live with children? Surly children should be taught how to behave in the company of other people.

Rena, why should people have to travel first class? Are they not entitled to have some normal activity when travelling on public transport? Please do not say it is normal for kids to run around shouting and screeming in the company of their elders.

I do agree with you that many so called adult people can be obnoxious and should not be allowed to carry on the way that they do.

Meg, I nearly always travel first class where there does tend to be less children and it is never full of grumpy people, but, like anywhere there are the exceptions.

Shaz, children do bring happiness to some people but I am talking about the unruly ones and parents who do nothing to stop them.

Erinaceous, how come you are still living? if you say those sort of thinks face to face with people someone will bump you off. I thought your breed died out after Emily Pankhurst burst onto the scene.

We brought our kids up to respect other people who were older than they were, they never created uncomfortable atmospheres anywhere and did show manners. I have to say that our Grand Daughter is very well behaved and well mannered wherever you take her and has always been like that.
Is it to much to ask children to behave with some dignity even when they are excited?
Like I said I do not blame the kids, I blame the so called adult parents.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2012, 07:50 AM

I think a good analogy is to compare kids to dogs, you go to the rescue place and bring home a puppy, the dog integrates, wags it's tail, rubs along with other dogs, and is no threat to it's human custodians. Someone else goes to the rescue, and brings home a puppy that continuously wants to fight other dogs, or bite the postman. Dogs, Kids, luck of the draw, sometimes it is best to avoid the rescue place.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2012, 08:22 AM

Look Bob, children are children, if they are on a long flight in a confined space with a lot of adults they are eventually going to get bored, no matter how well they have been brought up.
Christ haven't your children never misbehaved, I doubt it very much.
Children are children, let them be children, if not you will stifle them, give them a break.
I have seen young children cringe when a parent has just raised a hand, tells me how the poor mites have been abused by over zealous parents.
Erinaceous
East Anglia
Erinaceous is male  Erinaceous has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2012, 09:24 AM

@ Hammer

Wrong. Not only would I, I HAVE. On several occasions I have requested a change of seat on aircraft because of the presence of an obviously “mobility impaired” passenger who had been plonked in the “isle” seat of the row that I was sitting in.

What's more after explaining why IN FRONT OF the individual I was reseated. After all, why should I care about possibly offending the sensitivities of someone who I had never met and would almost certainly never meet again when they were increasing the risk to my life if there was a crash?

As to my remark about segregating the disabled did you notice that I wrote for their good and the good of the rest of us in the event of a crash.”?

Think about it.

Very often when waiting to board an aircraft there is an announcement to the effect that “people with young children and those needing additional time to be seated should come forward ---” so it follows that such people who need additional time to board an aircraft will also need additional time to get out of an aircraft if they survive a life threatening incident.

By segregating such people to particular parts of the cabin not only will the people who did NOT need extra time be better able to get out, but with a bit of thought by airlines and appropriate training of cabin crew people who can't get out fast can be focused upon more so than the rest and to a greater degree than at present..

And @ Wrinkly.

For the Nth. time I AM NOT winding anyone up. Is it really so difficult for you to grasp that because someone has a point of view significantly different from your own it is no more than just that?

As for “Mrs.E”, you once again assume that she is my “slave” presumably on the basis that because I leave the domestic side of life to her she's some sort of dogsbody. Wrong. We employ a cleaner. (we really do.)

As for cooking, “Mrs.E” revels in it. It's one her great loves and one of her favourite hobbies and I suspect that she would break my fingers if I ever went into her domain.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2012, 10:17 AM

Well just read what you put in your profile!!!!
This for instance, you say you don't like cruelty at all, and I believe oppression as well.
If you read your own writings then look what you say in your profile, you certainly are a wind up merchant.
Can't blame folks for bringing up the German thing, when you write for some unknown reason you get the urge to invade Poland.
You say your wife even thinks you are an old fart, well you can tell her from me you are, she has summed you up in one puff of wind.

Getting back to topic, have you not heard of in the event of a disaster, it is women, children and disabled first.
I forgot you don't do compassion either.
Erinaceous
East Anglia
Erinaceous is male  Erinaceous has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2012, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Well just read what you put in your profile!!!!
This for instance, you say you don't like cruelty at all, and I believe oppression as well.
If you read your own writings then look what you say in your profile, you certainly are a wind up merchant.
Can't blame folks for bringing up the German thing, when you write for some unknown reason you get the urge to invade Poland.
You say your wife even thinks you are an old fart, well you can tell her from me you are, she has summed you up in one puff of wind.

Getting back to topic, have you not heard of in the event of a disaster, it is women, children and disabled first.
I forgot you don't do compassion either.
I don't like cruelty and I don't like opression - but what's that got to do with anything? To mock a "person of impaired mobility" would be cruel, but to use good sense and ensure that their handicap doesn't become my handicap in the event of an incident is common sense.

As for "women and children first", in the event of a disaster that's old hat because today anyone who adopts that view is in for a nasty surprise.

One thing - maybe you could explain why it is that some people resort to personal insults on a forum? You don't like me - why should I care?
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

29-09-2012, 11:42 AM

You just don't get it do you!
I have never said I don't like you, it is you that writes this rubbish to make people not like you.
I believe that off the forum you are probably a different person, and nothing like you portray, but that is your choice to be a horrible sort of person.
I speak my mind, but I certainly don't think from my writings that I come across as a nasty person, I am the same on here as off, I have nothing to hide.
Everything in normal people you find fault with, let up a bit and enjoy other folks, and yourself for a change.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top