Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2012, 06:16 PM

Re: Child free zones

I don't know if I am lucky or just immune to the antics of kids Antibrown. Maybe all the aggro just rolls of my back these days.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2012, 08:29 PM

Women can tolerate children better than men, probably because we spend more time with children.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2012, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by shaz ->
Women can tolerate children better than men, probably because we spend more time with children.
I think in general that is so Shaz . Apparently women can cope better with the high pitched noises that children make. We are 'programmed' to do so in order to respond to babies crying, all part of natures way of protecting the species
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2012, 10:19 PM

There was a toddler whining a few rows back of me on the train today but after a minute or so I tuned it out. I generally like kids other than some of the teens with attitude that I've run into lately.

Some days I like to find people-free zones. Spend time among trees, listen to the wind in the leaves, sit by the river, forget all the hassles and just daydream of pleasant things.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Some days I like to find people-free zones. Spend time among trees, listen to the wind in the leaves, sit by the river, forget all the hassles and just daydream of pleasant things.

Me too Annie.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I didn't want to sit next to an objectionable, loud mouthed, smelly fat man when I was on a long haul flight, but I had little choice.
That's one of the many reasons I won't be flying anymore, luckily I've 'done' Australia. Middle East, Far East, Africa and where ever I want to go in UK or mainland Europe I can do in my motorhome

The only time I encounter kids (good or bad) is in the supermarket, that can be a pain but if you time it right there's usually not too many around
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Firstly you keep a slave for a wife, poor woman.
You say there should be child free days in supermarkets, then you say you don't do shopping.
I can believe that you married a slave.
And I noticed you have never been a child.
I know for certain I would love to share a plane with the screaming brats you speak off, than you.
You are nothing but a wind up merchant.
of course he is, he has a son that he sees and a grandchild, don't you people ever read profiles.
However I do agree with him to some extent, I love my own grandchildren but would hate them as neighbours. I walked halfway round Tesco with a baby holding my little finger while his Mum aplogised, I thought it was quite funny.
I make a point of never holidaying out of school term just as I avoid the roads at rush hour.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top