Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2012, 08:23 PM

Re: An icon, but an icon of what ---

For what it's worth, I was reading in today's paper that Loose Women's Coleen Nolan revealed Savile invited her back to a hotel room when she was just 14 and singing with the Nolans. Coleen, 47, said "To me he was about 112 then, I thought, no thanks."
She mustn't have been in the mood for dancing.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2012, 10:27 PM

I watched the whole Programme, it left me feeling kind of unsettled. Yes I do believe he had something going on with young Teens but I can't understand most of the Women at all. For a Start all of them are younger than me by at least 10 Years, now when I was 14/15 I was certainly very unexperienced BUT I did know all about Sex and what was what. It was nearly all that Girls of my age talked about in huddles in the Cloakrooms or School Corridors. These Women say they Knew nothing about it....that I certainly DO NOT Believe for one moment. They say they were part of a Group who often went out with him, or to his Dressing Room WHY? If that had happened to me just once....I'd have never gone back again..They say it happened all the time.....so why did they keep going back? And why did their Parents let them go? Mine would have had a Blue Fit if I'd been seeing a Man 25+ Years older than Myself. They were bad enough when I wanted to to to the Pictures with a 16 Year old Boy.
There's more to all this than meets the Eye. But as the Man's Dead we will never know.....it's just Weird.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 10:36 AM

I have said earlier that I thought no good could come out of an inquiry, I have changed my mind after hearing two respected journalists reporting on TV programmes,
Why on earth was it not highlighted years ago, it could have saved same folks. I hope this inquiry is swift.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 12:14 PM

1987 I was sat in a pub and a young woman came and sat next to me, the pub was crowded so nothing odd there, after a while she turned and said My Father abused me when I was a kid. I froze I'd not spoken to the woman but she went on to tell me all about it, no sordid details just the facts, she'd 2 sisters and she asked the next if he'd done anything to her, she assured her he hadn't so the older one left home at 16, the next one was going to leave home at 16 too and checked with youngest sister, no nothing said or done to her, till older one told oldest that yes he had been doing things and that she'd told their mother who'd said "While he's doing it to you he's leaving me alone" Both sisters went back to confront father and youngest sister walked in and accused him. They didn't go to the police cos their father said "I'm a methodist minister who do you think people will believe??" They believed him so never told anyone else , he stopped touching youngest sister though and when she turned 16 she went to live with the other 2, yet they still visited parents weekly, Why?? I couldn't understand that. I didn't see her again and when I asked about her they said she was a man hater, yet she'd go with anything in trousers and a bit odd, although she worked round there no one knew anything about her other than her father was a minister. Why on earth did she tell me I often wondered?? Her name was Dianne and it was Good Friday.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2012, 04:22 PM

That's a very odd tale Hazel. I don't know what to make of it all.
Sounds like a life ruined though.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2012, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
That's a very odd tale Hazel. I don't know what to make of it all.
Sounds like a life ruined though.
I agree on both counts.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2012, 05:44 PM

Jimmy Savile is today lying in an unmarked grave after a dead-of-night operation to remove his £4,000 headstone at the request of his family.

Undertakers worked in the dark to rip out the giant memorial and have said it will 'be broken up, placed in a skip and used as landfill'.

The gates of Woodlands Cemetery in Scarborough, North Yorkshire, were locked at around 11pm last night and police stood guard for the two-hour operation.

His loved-ones did not attend and while they had ordered the removal of the grave they were not aware of the undertakers’ decision to do it in the middle of the night.

They were to wait until 7am today before removing the six foot wide by four foot tall headstone with Savile’s now inflammatory epitaph: 'It was good while it lasted.'

All its inscriptions will be ground away before the stone is destroyed.

Below it is Savile's body, encased in concrete at a 45 degree angle, so he could 'see' the sea and Scarborough castle - his dying wish.

The Savile family said in a statement: 'Members of the family of Sir Jimmy Savile have decided to remove his headstone from the grave in Scarborough.

'The family members are deeply aware of the impact that the stone remaining there could have on the dignity and sanctity of the cemetery.

'Out of respect to public opinion, to those who are buried there, and to those who tend their graves and visit there, we have decided to remove it.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2012, 07:21 PM

I think that was a wise move on the Family's part, it could have caused all sorts of problems with other mourners visiting the graveyard. In the middle of the night? how odd is that?, well he was an odd character I suppose.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top