Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2012, 11:37 AM

The Nasty Party

The Nasty Party are at it again!!! - According to today's news, they want to axe a FURTHER £10BILLION from the welfare budget. Obviously, this is to repay the exchequer the money they have lost by reducing the upper rate of Income Tax from 50p in the £ to 40p in the £ in April's budget. Yet again, the poorest amongst us are paying for the rich to get even richer.

There was an old music hall song that comes to mind -

"Its the rich what gets the pleasure, its the poor what gets the blame, its the same the whole world over, ain't it all a bloody shame!!!".
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2012, 12:20 PM

Re: The Nasty Party

Most of us Commoners cannot comprehend a figure of more than six decimal zeros, so can a deficit of Billions or Trillions really exsist, except on paper.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2012, 02:40 PM

I listened to most of the Chancellor's speech at lunch-time and most of it "sounded" reasonable. The crunch comes when people on low incomes suddenly find themselves on yet lower incomes through no fault of their own. It's alright telling them to get jobs when there are no jobs going.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2012, 03:27 PM

I think we all know that the 50p tax rate raised not one penny extra in tax, and was implemented by the last Labour government in it's dying days, just to put yet another political spanner in the works for any incoming government. That Brown and co. really were a nasty, spiteful and totally selfish bunch with no thought for the country, but just full of their own twisted bitterness that everyone had finally seen them for what they were and that the game was up. Don't you find it interesting that they had thirteen years to raise the rate, but only did it in the last budget before the election?

Regarding the welfare bill, don't you think it needs to be controlled? Labour, to their eternal shame, spent thirteen years buying votes from people by making welfare dependency more and more desireable by forever increasing the amount and the diversity of benefit. It was reported today that there are now 53% of the population taking more out of the system than they put in. Don't you find this fact terrifying? I certainly do. Bury your head in the sand if you must, but someone has to tackle the almighty mess left by Labour and yes it will hurt the vulnerable, and the unfairness is that a lot of the vulnerable were in fact created by the welfare system being too generous in the first place...
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2012, 03:53 PM

I've voted either the Liberals or the Labour party all of my life but I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that we have a benefit system that is unsustainable in it's generosity. As long as the cuts are fair and protects the children it's OK by me. I think that there should also be a fall-back option in exceptional cases.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2012, 06:52 PM

It was reported today that there are now 53% of the population taking more out of the system than they put in.

An interesting statistic Barry, but just how much of that 53% belongs to those who have squillions and have squirrelled it away in tax havens etc, etc. I just bet the majority of that statistic belongs to them.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2012, 07:22 PM

So you think everything is hunky dory with the welfare system and we should just keep doling out money to anyone and everyone regardless?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2012, 10:25 PM

I suppose to keep a society going where all flourish (to a degree), it is necessary to dole out money.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2012, 11:52 PM

I've just seen Osborne on the telly, he says we are all in it together, it doesn't look like it to me.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2012, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
I've just seen Osborne on the telly, he says we are all in it together, it doesn't look like it to me.
How the hell can we all be in it together. It's only us that are suffering, not them. And yes it is them and us. Enter uncle Joe.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top