Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2012, 10:21 PM

Boxing

Channel Five tonight, is a crowd baying for blood a healthy viewing experience.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2012, 11:08 PM

Re: Boxing

Should it be judged on the most battered face?.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2012, 11:55 PM

Now you have touched on my pet hate. I hate the "Sport"

I find nothing sporting about two people standing in a ring and trying to inflict as much harm on each other as they possibly can, within "Rules". To be frank, I find it sick.

Cock fighting and dog fighting have been long banned. But yet we still allow human fights.

All blood sports to me.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2012, 03:29 AM

My personal opinion is that boxing, along with other blood sports, should be banned.

Why is it necessary for two grown men to battle with each other in the name of sport? What exactly is the point? What does it achieve? Why would anyone want to risk brain damage just to prove that one is better than another? Why? Sorry, but I really don't get it at all. I never have and I never will. I pity anyone who considers this entertainment.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2012, 04:59 AM

I've always enjoyed watching a good boxing match but, when you stop to think about it, it is rather cruel and outdated.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2012, 10:33 AM

Well I watched last nights fights, and what fights they turned out to be.
Do I think it is cruel, No they are very skilled men, with super physiques who have mastered the art of good healthy combat sport.
After last nights fight was over, both boxers hugged and accepted the judgement of referees without any bad sportsmanship, and the loser applauding the winner.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2012, 01:21 PM

Och I love boxing! I don't believe it is cruel, the boxers are trained and know what they are doing (or not doing as the case may be)!

I used to listen to it on the radio when I was a wee girl - I remember listening to a fight between Bruce Woodcock and the Brown Bomber - Joe Louis - and I would join in with the crowd that I heard from the radio! I always thought boxing much better listening to it.

We don't get enough of it on telly!

It was a good fight last night and I enjoyed it!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2012, 04:47 PM

You can't ban it, like cock fighting and dog fighting, it will only go 'underground'. Animals fighting is a terrible thing...they have no choice in the matter. Good job it was banned (the mid 1800's )
But I read recently that football was banned in King Henry Vlll's reign..too much of a blood sport, hah, from the very people that had bear-baiting.
Having said all that..I missed the fight last night
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2012, 05:12 PM

I like to watch a good boxing fight on TV, never been to a live one. I think it's well organized now with the helmets to protect their heads and if someone is taken too much of a battering the ref doesn't be long about stopping it, and as someone said, these fella's are as fit as a fiddle before they step into the ring. I think we have enough banns as it is.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2012, 06:34 PM

If people want to knock 12 bells out of each other its up to them,but i wouldnt want my family to do it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top