Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 11:48 AM

Re: Pensioners to work for their pension!!!!!!!

Bichard can 'SOD OFF'. If we want to do VOLUNTARY' (NB Voluntary, NOT compulsory) that is up to each individual to make that choice and not be dictated to by some pompous over-paid bureaucrat!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 02:47 PM

Lord Bichard should give a thought to the Grandparents who provide childcare and without whom many younger people would be unable to work because the cost of childcare is so prohibitive.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 02:55 PM

That chap is an idiot saying pensioners should work for their pensions.
What does he think they have been doing for the last 50 years?
janet gracey
london
janet gracey is female  janet gracey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 05:00 PM

This Lord Bichard said that OAP's could be FORCED to do voluntary work. How would they do that? If they don't do the work then benefits could be cut. I can't see this happening in near future. Well I hope not. As you said, why doesn't he volunteer himself without pay. I'm sure he can afford it. Maybe the government should stop all those hefty so called bonuses that are going round. Might help.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 05:54 PM

These people with their "imaginative" idea's ought to examine the facts first before they put their foot in it, don't they know that a great proportion of pensioners already provide an invaluable baby minding service for people who are lucky enough to be in work?. Without this "Service" a hell of a lot of working couples and single parents who cannot afford the enormous nursery fee's, just couldn't work.
My "Imaginative" suggestion is to dump all the doddery old goats in politics out to pasture on their own financial reserves without their huge pensions, now that would save a few bob.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2012, 09:42 AM

The Man needs a Good Slap, How Bloody Dare He. ggggggrrrrrr.
Bluemoon
New Member!
Yorkshire,UK
Bluemoon is female 

26-10-2012, 09:57 AM

I was made redundant last year at the age of 57, i have looked for a job, even been to an interview, to no avail.

Because of my age the goal post for my state pension has moved several times in the past few years. I now need to reach 66 to get it. At the moment i can't claim anything because my OH is working.

Therefore considering the pension age was 60 for women the Gov't is saving lot's of money on people like me.

I am now a non-entity on the benefits scale.
Having worked all my life from the age of 16 i feel somewhat p***d off.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2012, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bluemoon ->
I was made redundant last year at the age of 57, i have looked for a job, even been to an interview, to no avail.

Because of my age the goal post for my state pension has moved several times in the past few years. I now need to reach 66 to get it. At the moment i can't claim anything because my OH is working.

Therefore considering the pension age was 60 for women the Gov't is saving lot's of money on people like me.

Having worked all my life from the age of 16 i feel somewhat p***d off
Stef I am not surprised you are angry about your situation...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2012, 03:31 PM

Stef darlin' - notwithstanding you're not entitled to JobSeekers Allowance per se, you should continue to 'sign on' as unemployed to preserve your entitlement to a Retirement Pension by receiving a National Insurance 'credit'.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 03:30 PM

Tell me about it ...i am in the same boat .....I also have been chucked on the employment scrapheap ....My O/H is working part time so i still get a payment of about £45 a week ...I have just recently applied for help with my housing costs ...I have waited 6 weeks , the mortgage is due ...and guess what ..they have very conveniently LOST my claim that is the 2nd time that has happened...I would say good luck in getting a job ....but from experience we need more than luck ...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top