Join for free
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 06:49 AM

The despicable scumbags!!!

So now we see the 'nasty party' in its true light (yet again)!!!

Now perhaps others will also see what I have known these many years - just how despicable and nasty they can and have been!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7389736.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7388661.html
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 09:29 AM

Re: The despicable scumbags!!!

Wow capping at £20000 a year!
Read the situation vacant adverts see what wages are.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 09:38 AM

Around 20,000 families are currently capped by an annual limit of £26,000 (or £500 a week) on total household benefits, introduced in 2013. The new, lower caps will therefore bring an explosion in the numbers affected – ahead of a predicted slowdown in the British economy next year, in the wake of the Brexit vote.
What do they do with all that money, no wonder the country is bankrupt .

I have spent all my life living on a pittance and managing on it, you don't buy what you can't afford and you don't have children if you can't provide for them yourself.
The unavoidably sick are the only ones we should be providing for.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 09:48 AM

I'd say capping fit people at that rate is ok but disabled people may need more, the bedroom tax hit them adversely they are scared about having benefits taken away, we can't punish them more.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Wow capping at £20000 a year!
Read the situation vacant adverts see what wages are.

Clot!!! - nothing to do with wages per se, but benefits (including Housing Benefit)!!! Now read the articles again - this time more carefully!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 10:00 AM

UJ no need to call names, I tend to agree with T if a working person has to manage on £20000 or less then on jsa it can't be right to get more. Some of the reason rents are so high is housing benefit has just paid out willy nilly.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Clot!!! - nothing to do with wages per se, but benefits (including Housing Benefit)!!! Now read the articles again - this time more carefully!!!
If you resort to name calling your thread will go in the trash can.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 10:05 AM

[QUOTE=Uncle Joe;1026132]So now we see the 'nasty party' in its true light (yet again)!!!

Now perhaps others will also see what I have known these many years - just how despicable and nasty they can and have been!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7389736.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7388661.html[/QU

Bully for them, it makes my blood boil when I read that the benefits level was being cut in London from £26,000 to £23,000 and the rest of the country down to £20,000.
It should be a hell of a lot more !!

Is it truly any wonder why the rest of the world and his wife pass through several European countries with the sole intention of landing here in the UK when they read about such obscene figures being paid out.

One only has to read in today's papers about a certain Cameroon immigrant, granted asylum in France, given an EU identity which enabled him to waltz straight over here and claim everything for himself and his clan of nine, then having the gall to complain about the 5 bedroomed home he was given courtesy of a wimp Luton council but especially at a loss to the taxpayer, being too small and for thanks has been handed a top of the range 5 bedroomed home in Andover (much to the rage of his neighbours)who have to work and struggle to pay their own rent and mortgage to live in the same location. It's enough to make one want to spit !!

I live in Shropshire and to obtain such a salary would be a dream life for the majority here. The sooner this scandal is sorted the better as far as I am concerned.
Benefits should be paid out comparable to the minimum wage, no more than that. It certainly shouldn't be so high that it entitles those on benefits to live a life of choice with all the luxuries that those working cannot even afford.

The system stinks !!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 10:07 AM

UJ seems obsessed with the Tory party, maybe he should get help for his addiction!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

01-11-2016, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
UJ seems obsessed with the Tory party, maybe he should get help for his addiction!

But I notice you don't comment on the thread itself - have you no comment to make??? - Is it too near the knuckle for you and the 'nasty party'???

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top