Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
stablelady
Angus, Scotland
stablelady is female  stablelady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2012, 07:45 PM

Re: Thought's About The Royal Family.

Brilliantly put Bonny, but may I put one point forward ... The Queen is Queen of the United Kingdom not only England.

Actually she isn't Queen of Scotland come to think of it but Queen of Scots!

I wouldn't have it any other way either, imagine - shudders- Presidents Tony/Gordon/David etc.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2012, 08:49 PM

well in one word
no not keen
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2012, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Surfer ->
Exactly Meg ,I like to doll up now and then but every single day would do ny head in .
LOL....love your way of thinking!
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2012, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by stablelady ->
Brilliantly put Bonny, but may I put one point forward ... The Queen is Queen of the United Kingdom not only England.

Actually she isn't Queen of Scotland come to think of it but Queen of Scots!

I wouldn't have it any other way either, imagine - shudders- Presidents Tony/Gordon/David etc.
Shudders here also Lady!!
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 12:27 PM

never liked the royal family, any of them, thats all i will say on the subject out of respect for all the people who do like them
Bonny
UK

27-01-2012, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kitty ->
never liked the royal family, any of them, thats all i will say on the subject out of respect for all the people who do like them
An honest Post and thankyou for your input Kitty..
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 08:30 PM

The royal family bring the tourist to Britain.
I don't mind them. But I do not see why we have to pay for Andrew and his girls, or Edward and family. They should all get a job. Tourist or anyone else, are not interested in them.
Ann done the right thing, when she did not have titles for her children. Ann has always kept a low profile and done a lot for charitys.
I think the Queen may live out Charles.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 11:33 PM

I love the pomp of having a Royal family, they do give us something to talk about not always favourably but gossip is good too. I think the Queen is a lovely lady doing a grand job for all these years. I'm off to London in a few weeks to see the sights and a couple of shows, I just love London for a few busy days away.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2012, 04:29 PM

I love the Royal Family I love the pomp I love the display we are very lucky to have the royals and we are very lucky to have the freedom to say what we like about them and to make them the butt of our jokes.

America would love to be able to do the pomp and ceremony like we do instead they turn film stars into royalty. I particularly love The Queen and Phillip. I love Ann and feel an empathy for her she never washes her dirty linen in public but is a proud, humerous lady.

Prince Charles well like a lot of us married the wrong woman I am glad that he is happy now and I was one who never liked Diane. His sons are a credit to him and their mother and they are a great mix of the two hopefully having all the positive traits of both of them.

There are too many hangers on who don't pull their weight. Even Kate the newest member of the Family is going to have to do her bit. Good luck to all of them and our Queen may she rule for a long long time.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2012, 05:32 PM

People, people, people - it is possible to retain the pomp and ceremony without having a monarch (and all the hangers on). As a committed Republican I would rather we abolished the monarchy and had an elected Head of State, which we could change from time to time.

There would not be all the covert interference in 'political' matters from junior members of the 'firm' that we have now and have no way of knowing just what effect that 'interference' is having on Government policy.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top