Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2012, 08:40 AM

Re: Thought's About The Royal Family.

Originally Posted by pixie ->
we do not have presdents in canada
I would say Kenady usa
Ann darlin' - Kennedy is hailed as a 'good' President almost universally, but not by me. There is a little thing called 'the right of self-determination' which means that countries are entitled to determine their own destiny. It was Kennedy that sanctioned the abortive invasion of Cuba over the infamous 'Bay of Pigs'.

It was Kennedy who almost started WW3 when Cuba bought missiles from the USSR and started to install them The US didn't want missiles only 90 miles off their coast and established a blockade.Yet again where was Cuba's right of self' determination???
inthemoment777
United Kingdom
inthemoment777 is male  inthemoment777 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 02:26 AM

USSR Had the right idea!

How on earth people can refer to the UK being a democratic country when we have a privileged obscenely rich uncollected family having a say in political discourse?

What a waste of money! I am strongly opposed to this Frankenstein family having a dominant role in our society, I never voted for them! Oh sorry nobody gets to vote for them silly me.

I believe they are an evil power and have far more influence in society than people think. I also feel that they ordered the killing of Princess Dianna.

Lets face it if my wife died in a car accident and a week earlier she implicated me in wanting to case a car accident so that she would be killed, would I not b
e arrested and questioned over the death of my wife? Of course I would, why was Prince Charles not questioned? Because the Royal family are above the law.

View the new film an "Unlawful killing" on you tube, a film clearly pointing the finger at the Royal Family for killing Diana. A hit around Europe but guess what the Queen got it banned in the UK. That's how much power she really has.

Research Kevin Arnnett Canadians missing children and the genocide of the indigenous population and the Royal family's involvement.

Jimmy Saville had very close ties with the Royal Family and took children away from the Island of Jersey care home, Lord Mountbatten used to take kids away on his boat from the same home, did they return? It was rumored that he had kinds on his boat when it was blown up.

The queen Is allowed to keep her personal business connections secret in her private tax free haven of Jersy.
UK tax payer gives 40 million a year for the up keep of the royal family
She is the head and source of all branches of public power
She is head of the armed forces
She can exercise personal discretion over issues such as pointing an PM
She can dissolve parliament, she once suspended the Canadian Parliament for a period of time
She is the only person allowed to declare war and peace
She would not ban cluster bombs
Canadian and Australian troops take part in the Iraq war due to her direction

The Royal Family profited and made millions out of the Chinese opium wars, and we are still taking the opium out of Afghanistan today.

Two quotes from that ignoramus Prince Philip: "Cannibalism is a radical but realistic solution to the problem of overpopulation".

"when I die and come back again I would like to be born as a serpent so that I can distinguish 85% of the hideous population".
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 02:42 AM

You sound very angry with everything you've posted so far, and you are resurrecting threads that died a death months ago, most especially in this section of the board.

Sounds to me like you want to start arguments. I get the feeling you're a resurrection of a former member.
inthemoment777
United Kingdom
inthemoment777 is male  inthemoment777 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 02:57 AM

Sorry you feel that way, why do you feel I wish to start arguments? I am only responding to people inviting my opinion? If you view me as being "very angry" and argumentative then that is your opinion. I disagree with your statement. I do not feel that I have been inappropriate or personal with anyone. Am I not allowed to as you put it "resurrecting threads" I did not realise that that was included in the rules! And I am sorry to disappoint you but your feelings are not accurate I have never been on this forum as another member.

Are you aware that you were very quick to confront my intentions, is it not you that maybe looking to argue? I welcome difference of opinion as long as it is respectful and open. I feel that your response was based more on your 'feelings' than actual points.

No offence indented. I still welcome your response.
inthemoment777
United Kingdom

26-10-2012, 12:13 PM

Un-elected
Undemocratic
Tax avoiders
Unrepresented Policy makers
Undisclosed secret business interests
Above the law
Expects people to bow in their presence
Steel 6 million a year from the tax payer
Queen is the largest land owner in the world
Queen is the richest woman in the world
Queen has the largest private art collection in the world
Queen has the largest personal Jewell collection in the world
Oh but they are great for the country! LOL.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2012, 12:52 PM

In my youth I was an ardent republican, and I guess in theory I still am. My problem is that I find it very hard to get wound up about the monarchy when there are so many more important evils going on in our society. Getting out of the corrupt EU would be my first priority - abolition of the monarchy would be well down my list!

Mick
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2012, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
In my youth I was an ardent republican, and I guess in theory I still am. My problem is that I find it very hard to get wound up about the monarchy when there are so many more important evils going on in our society. Getting out of the corrupt EU would be my first priority - abolition of the monarchy would be well down my list!

Mick
I am a bit of a royalist, love the queen and princess Ann to bits, don;t know how they do their job it must be awful at times, but I am right there with you regarding the EU if only we could get out of this quicksand we would be well on the way to a better life.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2012, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by inthemoment777 ->
Un-elected
Undemocratic
Tax avoiders
Above the law
Sour grapes H, pure and simple... Besides, I think that you will find the Queen only thinks of herself as custodian of most of her wealth for the nation, and not hers to sell off to the highest bidder like the government undoubtably would..

My thoughts are that over the last century, what the monarchy has done for the country is virtually unquantifiable and cannot be judged anyway in purely monetary terms. From the morale boosting courage of the old King and Queen through the war, to the steadying hand of the monarch on all recent governments, through to the phenomenal amount of goodwill generated towards Britain throughout the world is common knowledge and cannot be understated.

Even from a monetary point of view, the huge amount of business, trade and tourism that the monarchy has generated over the years has to have been worth billions to the country. Small change compared with what the monarchy costs, so I find people that begrudge the wealth of the monarchy not to have really considered all of the facts, and I think that if it did just come down to money, then the basic tenet of your argument and your mathematics would also be proved to be badly in error....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2012, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by inthemoment777 ->
Un-elected
Undemocratic
Tax avoiders
Above the law
Zdrasvicha Tovarich!!!

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top