Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

12-06-2012, 02:31 PM

Re: Teacher suspended for giving zeros

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Off to a good start then, if he was impressed.

His first day went well, long may that continue.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Quite right, I got a mark in French for spelling my name correctly. I still came bottom though.
Haha! I wrote an apology at the bottom of a math test once, telling my teacher I was sorry he had to mark my dismal effort and hoped he had a good Easter weekend. He gave me a mark for that, bringing it up to 50% - a pass gratefully received.
Falconer
Lancashire
Falconer is male  Falconer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2012, 02:34 PM

As a recognised BHA Master Falconer, I've taught many 'Tyro's, (beginner's), how to handle and fly Raptor's, and I can alway's distiguish between serious student's, and those who simply want to impress their friend's...and I've learned, over the year's, to weed out the 'wannabe's' and concentrate on the student's who seriously want to become 'real' Falconer's.

Folk's, the live's of living creature's, (my Hawk's), depended on my ability to spot the 'wannabe's'...so was I wrong in spotting them, and deleting them from my course?...or should I simply have passed them, given them all a licence, and unleashed them all into the World as trained, and qualified, Falconer's?...

...I think not, and neither should anyone who fail's any exam/test be allowed a pass...one HAS to complete a course, and gain sufficient mark's...
before they are awarded the right to complement themselves on their abilitie's...regardless of whatever that might be!.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2012, 06:35 PM

Life isn't just about ability, it's about having ability and putting it to some use. One without the other is a zero mark in my book and an invaluable lesson. It's time we returned to setting proper standards and ideals in our schools which will guide our youth successfully through their careers in commerce and industry. To do anything else is to fail our kids and to fail our country...
Just a Lady
New Member!
England, UK
Just a Lady is female 

20-07-2012, 11:24 PM

Teachers are not just responsible for awarding marks or assessing a student or even just teaching a particular subject....as a teacher I think our primary responsibility is to teach students a sense of responsibility...perhaps the said teacher could have discussed with the student why assignments were not completed?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2012, 11:53 PM

It would be a very sad state of affairs if teachers gave marks for a non-completion of exams or assignments. What would those marks be for? It doesn't make sense at all.

There are achievers and non-achievers, motivated and non-motivated, and teachers can't expect every student to want to be bothered. They're there to teach and pupils are there to learn and, if they don't want to learn, then so be it, but for goodness sake don't reward them by giving marks.

Good luck to the teacher who stuck by his principles.
Marcus
pittsburgh,USA
Marcus is male  Marcus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 09:30 PM

I taught school for 38 years and never heard of such a ridiculous system. They got what they deserved. I didn't make out tests just because I wanted to keep them busy. And what would the parents think? Duh. What has happened to education? It has become 'BABYSITTING'.. what a dastardly disgrace. Am retired and would not want to partake in anything so demeaning. This from Pittsburgh, USA....ciao
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 10:25 PM

It's strange that a group of people judge other people on the way up, or on the way down with authority. The new day has never been done before, tomorrow may be a complete departure (or just the same), performance measures are only as good as the day they are instigated. Imo.
Marcus
pittsburgh,USA
Marcus is male  Marcus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 11:35 PM

Spitfire....have you seen the other answers?? I suggest you read them. As for your remark.....not quite toooooo clear. It sounds like someone's quote. How about......Yesterday is past and done....tomorrow may never come....today is the only ONE!! Good night. Dream on.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2012, 12:08 AM

My Grandchildren aged 11,13,15 all complain some teachers are rubbish they're not interested in the students, they are not respected they have no authority over the class. Perhaps some of the teachers should be examined too. The 15 yo was questioned on something in music last week by a visiting musician he couldn't answer the musician explained it to him and he said I learnt more from him in 20mins than she taught me in a year.Worth thinking about??

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top