Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

13-07-2012, 10:58 AM

Re: Are Olympic missiles just for show?

I, for one, never believed for one minute that there would be things put in place that were liable to demolish a building. Quite a ridiculous suggestion to be honest. If there are installations on the roofs of buildings they're obviously perfectly safe.............these people are not amateurs, they know what they're doing.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2012, 11:43 AM

Yes Mazzie darlin' - maybe they do - but have you ever thought of the consequences if one of these missiles detonated prematurely whilst still on the roof of these blocks of flats??? The devastation would be horrendous.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

13-07-2012, 12:03 PM

I think it highly unlikely that people's lives will be put at risk
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2012, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes Mazzie darlin' - maybe they do - but have you ever thought of the consequences if one of these missiles detonated prematurely whilst still on the roof of these blocks of flats??? The devastation would be horrendous.
Million to one odds, perhaps more chance of being struck by lightning or being knocked over by a deranged meerkat....
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

13-07-2012, 12:48 PM

nice one plantman...........
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2012, 01:05 PM

From the minute I heard the Olympics were being held in London my first comment was Oh great sitting ducks again.. I have a terrible feeling that an attempt to do something horrid will occur. Its sticking all these safety measures around London so perhaps the target might be one of the outlying event venues like us hosting most of the football at the Ricoh. However im almost sure London is going to take a disaster in some shape or form.. not just being grim, I really believe it.
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

13-07-2012, 02:03 PM

That is just about the most fatuous remark I have ever heard, these missiles are made in the WEST uncle Joe, not in your favoured Russia.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2012, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Million to one odds, perhaps more chance of being struck by lightning or being knocked over by a deranged meerkat....
Maybe the meerkats will be fired from the cannons on top of the flats Barry, like in the "Compare the Market" advert
Or maybe Sue Barker (who has recently joined the SAS) will fire the surface to air missiles - like in the latest "Go Compare" advert
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2012, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Maybe the meerkats will be fired from the cannons on top of the flats Barry, like in the "Compare the Market" advert
Or maybe Sue Barker (who has recently joined the SAS) will fire the surface to air missiles - like in the latest "Go Compare" advert
Love it
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2012, 11:39 AM

I think we will have to excuse little Sergei though MescoM. Last time I saw that poor little meerkat he looked as if he had just about come to the end of his capacity to endure. (Oops sorry - getting mixed up - "endurance" is on another thread.)

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top