Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 11:59 AM

Endurance.

How are you for endurance?. There are so many things we have to endure in a lifetime, I'm not too bad at enduring pain provided it eventually stops. I hate waiting in Q's for any reason and if there is a big Q at the post office I will come back later. Those of us living in the British Isles have had to endure the worst Summer on record. We also endure some crappy TV billed as entertainment, and those who hate sport will have to endure the 6 weeks of the Olympics. I have to endure patiently listening to old men and women in the pub moaning about minor health complaints, a bad nights sleep, a nosy neighbour, etc., but I still listen and look interested. Aren't we all blessed that we can endure so much in our lives, if we couldn't we would be at each others throats all the time.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 02:13 PM

Re: Endurance.

Well I am not the most patient of people I must admit and neither were my parents so its not surprising really. For the TV I would say we have a good choice of channels now so there is usually something of interest somewhere. The weather is annoying but there's not much we can do about it. I find some things easier to endure than others I guess but all in all thats life. Interesting thread Jimmy
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 03:38 PM

Another impatient so-and-so here
I won't queue and often put things back in shops rather than wait .
If I am reading or watching something on TV and it hasn't 'grabbed me' in the first 5 mins that's it I have had enough.

I am patient with the children though and spend hours doing tedious things with bricks and little animals Also if Hannah goes to sleep in my arms I often sit motionless for two hours rather than disturb her slumbers, it's worth it to have a happy smiley baby
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 04:31 PM

Now children are the one thing I've no patience with. I would never babysit for anyone and avoid babies and toddlers when at all possible as I find them irritating to the extreme.

Would spend lots of time with animals though as they are so much nicer IMO.

Well its good we are all different.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 04:43 PM

I cant do wuth nabers who make lots of racket and dogs barking in all hours of the morring
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 05:03 PM

Yes we are all different in what we can put up with and for how long. I have to say this in all honesty, Women have by far much more endurance than Men, well I think so anyway, I do know some Women a bit older than me who have put up with really bad husbands all of their lives, divorce being a fairly recent thing over here, suffering physical as well as mental abuse year in year out, some stayed in the marriage simply for the sake of the children, and later on because they had nowhere else to go and were all worn out, that to me is the ultimate in endurance, tougher than spending a lifetime in solitary confinement.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 05:06 PM

Endurance, well I think I confuse it with patience.
Like Meg, if it hasn't got me in the first five mins, I'll not bother with it.
I don't like to endure a long wait either..appointments for one. If my time is 10.15am, I expect to wait no longer than five mins. and I think I'm owed an apology if it's longer. Our doctors surgery, I don't think I've ever got to see the doc at the appointed time! But then it is full of sick people.

If it's stamina, I think I've got some of that (probably in a cupboard somewhere )
I've endured hard-ships in life (like most of us here) but I think I've come out on top, with hard work and patience.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 10:36 PM

I can't endure queues and would do without rather than stand in one. I can't endure patronising people, who refer to me as young lady And I can't endure people who constantly whine about their lot in life and how hard done by they are.
Neither can I endure false sincerity and a**e lickers.
I will add to my list of non endurance, tale spinners, truth stretchers and manipulators.

I think that just about covers it

We might not want to endure but fortunately we do.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 11:10 PM

Mall, your post made me laugh
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

12-07-2012, 11:45 PM

I don't think any of us got to the age we're at without a fair amount of endurance. Its takes endurance to just go through the rigours of ordinary family life. I reckon anyone who has dragged themselves screaming and kicking through the trials and tribulations of their teenage children have more than a large chunk of endurance, patience and stamina.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top