Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 04:57 PM

Re: Morality

Originally Posted by inthemoment777 ->
I'm not sure If I have posted this twice, my apologies if I have.

I think the true form of what we call intelligence, free from enticement or compulsion, is true morality.
For me, what brings intelligence is having the sensitivity of mind, conscious as well as unconscious and of the heart with its extraordinary tentacles of affection,and sympathy. Acting from true intelligence I feel produces true morality. For when true intelligence is operating the right behavior will ensue.
Originally Posted by HeatherMK ->
I think the most important form of morality is that which we work out for ourselves through intelligent thought and reasoning. Where we decide our own lines are drawn and how we end up feeling about how we treat ourselves and others. This is what defines us as moral beings I think.
Just my thoughts on the subject this fine Autumn afternoon.
I think that maybe you are both describing "emotional intelligence" and I can understand your description well enough Inthemoment, so thank you.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top