Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2016, 05:54 PM

Re: i saved literally thousands with a pre paid funeral plan

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
It's the usual spammer tactics.
Hope no one Emailed them like they asked.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2016, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Hope no one Emailed them like they asked.
If they're anything like the love gurus that spammed here a week or so back....I needed urgent advice and they never replied to any of the 50 emails I sent
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2016, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
If they're anything like the love gurus that spammed here a week or so back....I needed urgent advice and they never replied to any of the 50 emails I sent

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hello Paul, we don't allow spamming or use related selling on this site so please keep your comments general.
Thank you.

He'll be flogging kitchens next.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

He'll be flogging kitchens next.
His feet won't touch the ground if he does
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 09:39 PM

I think the OP is wasted as a spammer. With the ability to convince the public so convincingly - they could be a politician.
Anna B
Norfolk
Anna B is female  Anna B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2016, 05:46 PM

As this thread is a bit quiet I suppose it might be ok for me to come in.

Yesterday in Town (this is a quaint old Market Town) sitting on my buggy at a shop doorway chatting to a couple of people we heard the clip clop of hooves. It was a funeral cortege led by the deceased in coffin in a glass carriage which was drawn by two magnificent black horses .. the coach man sitting up wearing his topper and funeral suit. Never seen that before.
Anyway (and if this offends .. sorry). As the carriage turned left heading (we supposed) for our Abbey the horses stopped, the stretch limo behind stopped and the driver got out of the limo. At the same time the rear door /s of the carriage slowly opened. I was a bit startled and told my companions I hoped they knew those doors had opened.
You see, when I was a young woman there was a series on tv called 'In Loving Memory'. Thora Hird figured largely in it. It was about a firm of Undertakers. The episode that sprang immediately to my mind was the one where the daft lad was driving the dear departed and had a 'prang' with the hearse. As it 'hit' the rear door of the hearse opened, the coffin shot out, skidded along the lane, finally went over the bank and into the river. It floated away with a wreath still attached to the lid. But the bit that still makes my eyes water with laughter is the bit where the 'boss' Undertaker is on the phone speaking with relatives of the departed .. saying 'yes I know you didn't ask for a burial at sea, but it isn't my fault the lock gates were open'.

EDIT
A few months ago I bought the boxed set of that series after hearing a story about a mishap at a real funeral.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Anna B ->
As this thread is a bit quiet I suppose it might be ok for me to come in.

Yesterday in Town (this is a quaint old Market Town) sitting on my buggy at a shop doorway chatting to a couple of people we heard the clip clop of hooves. It was a funeral cortege led by the deceased in coffin in a glass carriage which was drawn by two magnificent black horses .. the coach man sitting up wearing his topper and funeral suit. Never seen that before.
Anyway (and if this offends .. sorry). As the carriage turned left heading (we supposed) for our Abbey the horses stopped, the stretch limo behind stopped and the driver got out of the limo. At the same time the rear door /s of the carriage slowly opened. I was a bit startled and told my companions I hoped they knew those doors had opened.
You see, when I was a young woman there was a series on tv called 'In Loving Memory'. Thora Hird figured largely in it. It was about a firm of Undertakers. The episode that sprang immediately to my mind was the one where the daft lad was driving the dear departed and had a 'prang' with the hearse. As it 'hit' the rear door of the hearse opened, the coffin shot out, skidded along the lane, finally went over the bank and into the river. It floated away with a wreath still attached to the lid. But the bit that still makes my eyes water with laughter is the bit where the 'boss' Undertaker is on the phone speaking with relatives of the departed .. saying 'yes I know you didn't ask for a burial at sea, but it isn't my fault the lock gates were open'.

EDIT
A few months ago I bought the boxed set of that series after hearing a story about a mishap at a real funeral.
But Anna , what happened next in real life when the doors opened on the carriage and the driver in the limo got out!
Anna B
Norfolk
Anna B is female  Anna B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 03:14 PM

I wish I knew. You see, a large vehicle came along and blocked our view.
Having heard nothing about an unfortunate occurrence with the dear departed that day I suppose the doors were secured and the cortege went on its way to the Abbey.
Our Abbey by the way is the Parish Church. It's a beautiful Abbey, and very active. I often ride along to visit it. Here's a link to it.

http://www.wymondhamabbey.org.uk/

Every few days I sort out my change purse and all coins below 50p I put in a plastic dish on a corner of the kitchen counter. When the dish is full I put the cash in a plastic bag and take it to the Abbey .. put it in the donation box.
I have a ride around the Abbey then spend a few minutes in the Lady Chapel where I light two candles. The 50p coins I put in the box to pay for those. They don't ask for it, but I like to do that.
EDIT

From my sitting room window I can see the two towers of the Abbey. They are to the west and the sun sets behind them. Can be a lovely sight.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 09:16 PM

The Abbey looks very nice Anna , I would also visit it if i was in walking distance .
Wymondham came up on Rightmove when i was looking to move last year,
it looks a lovely place to live ..
I love the view you describe from your window ,,I had a similar view from my bedroom window in my last house ..And I could hear the bells , i expect you can hear the Abbey bells too

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top