Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 04:29 PM

Re: New Alistair McGowan TV Impression Show

No won't be watching him because I refuse to put money in Murdochs pocket even if I did have Sky I wouldn't watch this non talented oaf.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 09:13 PM

Kevin O'Sullivan the TV critic, who has actually watched the show, was praising it to the skies this morning.

Kevin might be getting on now but at least he's not a miserable old fart.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Au Contriare, my aural acuity is finely honed to detect subtleties and nuances in voices both natural and imitations. Contrast this bloke's offerings with those of John Culshaw and there's no comparison.

You think all his "voices" sound the same. You clearly have something badly wrong with your hearing.

Get it seen to!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
You think all his "voices" sound the same. You clearly have something badly wrong with your hearing.

Get it seen to!

Here we go again

Soon as someone doesn't see things as you do, you get shirty, Gravy. Never fails.

Why knock Judd because he doesn't agree with you?
And why knock Meg because she doesn't have Sky?

Well you can knock me as well now if you want, because I haven't got - nor want - Sky either.
And I also don't much care for Alistair McGowan too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Here we go again

Soon as someone doesn't see things as you do, you get shirty, Gravy. Never fails.

Well you can knock me as well now if you want, because I haven't got - nor want - Sky either.
Well said Mups.
Gravitas
North England

19-05-2018, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Here we go again

A) I didn't knock Meg because she didn't have Sky.

B) As I keep saying I didn't expect many, if any, would want to watch. I just took the trouble to mention it for the odd one who might have been interested and were unaware it was on. Not to have a "discussion" with numerous people who have absolutely no interest.

C) I was responding to the other one, who made the ridiculous comment, "He's like Mike Yarwood, man of a thousand voices, each one the same."
Are YOU agreeing that all his voices sound the same?

If you are, you must have something wrong with yer lug-holes as well.

You really do need to focus on what people are saying.

N.B. There are other impressionists on the show, not just Alistair McGowan - but that wouldn't make any difference to those who have an aversion anyway.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
A) I didn't knock Meg because she didn't have Sky.

B) As I keep I don't expect many, if any, would want to watch. I just took the trouble to mention it for the odd one who might have been interested and were unaware it was on.

C) I was responding to the other one who made the ridiculous comment, "He's like Mike Yarwood, man of a thousand voices, each one the same."
Are YOU agreeing that all his voices sound the same?

If you are you must have something wrong with yer lug-holes.

You really do need to focus on what people are saying.

N.B. There are other impressionists on the show, not just Alistair McGowan - but that wouldn't make any difference to those who have an aversion anyway.
'Get down Shep'

I said that in my best John Noakes voice.
Gravitas
North England

19-05-2018, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
'Get down Shep'

I said that in my best John Noakes voice.

Really.

Well done, you.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top